Confirmed with Link: Patrick Roy the next coach of the Avalanche

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
I dont know, unlike Trammel, Roy has actually been coaching since he retired. Won a Memorial Cup as VP, GM and Head Coach in 2006 and has been coaching ever since.

Just sayin'...

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
actually this tweam is horrible. doesnt matter who the coach is.

they lost sakic, roy (player), bourque and forsberg and replaced them with what?
i mean in this team quincey was a better player.
i dont see them beeing good the next years. regardless of the coach

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I dont know, unlike Trammel, Roy has actually been coaching since he retired. Won a Memorial Cup as VP, GM and Head Coach in 2006 and has been coaching ever since.

Just sayin'...

Trams had been a coach other places if I remember right, not a head coach but that isn't really how baseball does it often. He was hired away from the Padres where he was the 1st base coach.

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
he's going to be horrible.

I think he has the chance to be a decent NHL coach one day, but the current Avs squad isn't the fit for his first head coaching gig. It may end badly for them, which I think most of us here will enjoy watching. :)

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Maybe they can sign his son to unleash some HAYMAKERS and make it a WWE event the Colorado Brawlvalanche.

Adityase

Mar 27, 2002
Troy, MI
Visit site
I think Roy's willing to be a sacrificial lamb to watch a young team grow until he's fired in the event they become a contender just to get into the NHL head coaching game. And then hope to coach the Canadiens one day.

Of course, he thinks he might win the cup as coach right away, but he always was arrogant. That and you gotta like that in a coach.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
I think Roy's willing to be a sacrificial lamb to watch a young team grow until he's fired in the event they become a contender just to get into the NHL head coaching game. And then hope to coach the Canadiens one day.

Of course, he thinks he might win the cup as coach right away, but he always was arrogant. That and you gotta like that in a coach.

When you think about it, he has a nice little setup now. He can extricate himself from being the coach if he doesn't do well, but retain the VP of Hockey Operations gig.

Come to think of it, there was some talk about him coaching the Habs when Therrien was ultimately hired, but I would find that a snowball/Hell proposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad