Confirmed with Link: Patrick Roy... Our new coach and Vice President Of Hockey Operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
According to Patrick Roy's brother's facebook

Here's the post:

BKwiCGTCcAAbanQ.jpg

KSAQaFP.png

Dater Link http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_23287188/patrick-roy-will-be-new-avs-coach-according

Credit to Avs_19 for breaking

EDIT: http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671796

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
(And I was unaware that the head coaching thread was rolling on this already.. Whoops)

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
This has to be great news for Varly. Getting a head coach whose number 1 area of expertise is goaltending. I've not seen his style though. Never seen a Remparts game. Is he a offensive coach? Defensive minded? Trap? Would love to hear from people who know.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
(And I was unaware that the head coaching thread was rolling on this already.. Whoops)

We're going to keep this thread open, just like with the Guy Boucher rumor...but I will tell the other thread to post ALL Roy related talk in this thread.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
This has to be great news for Varly. Getting a head coach whose number 1 area of expertise is goaltending. I've not seek his style though. Never seen a Remparts game. Is he a offensive coach? Defensive minded? Trap? Would love to hear from people who know.

I read a post on the main boards that said he's coach a up-tempo and exciting style. So definitely not defensive.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This has to be great news for Varly. Getting a head coach whose number 1 area of expertise is goaltending. I've not seen his style though. Never seen a Remparts game. Is he a offensive coach? Defensive minded? Trap? Would love to hear from people who know.

Not even close to a trap. Roy hates the trap with a passion. Very uptempo, quick transition offensive style. Defensemen need to be good skaters, puck handlers, and have a good first pass to work well in his system.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
If nothing else, this sells tickets. I mean let's be honest here - whether Roy sucks or not, this team needs to put some butts in the seats.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
Radulov is a UFA this summer I believe (would need to get out of his KHL deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad