Confirmed with Link: Patrick Roy Named Head Coach & VP of Hockey Operations Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Previous Thread

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1433219

Link Confirming the Thread Title

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=671796&navid=DL|COL|home

And I wanted to bring over a great post from RS from the last thread so that people can comment on it if they'd like.

Renegade Stylings said:
I have 25 or more questions that I want answers to.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2013/05/25-questions-for-patrick-roy.html

Patrick Roy is set to be introduced as the new head coach and vice president of hockey operations for the Colorado Avalanche tomorrow morning in Denver. As a longtime Avalanche fan, I'm mixed on the hiring. I think he's a great fit in regards to his passion and desire to win, but he's not the greatest fit in regards to experience both managing and coaching at the NHL level.

His hiring brings with it a number of questions. As a fan of the team since Roy was first traded to the team in 1995, I want to be ensured that he is once again the right guy to guide them over the next 10 years. Below is a list of questions I would love to ask Patrick, if only I had the access to ask them and the ability to get 100% honest answers from him.

EDIT:
Some of you requested a link for the Roy's articles so this link is pretty much all the news about Roy since day 1 as a Avs coach :

Roy's articles in french

They are all in french, sorry

xJLZZo3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
he won't have time to be a goalie coach as the head man.
he'd be able to work with him on side work and critique certain things to help but we need a full time goalie coach who isn't the head coach.

Plus the goalie coach needs to work with the youngsters down in LE and with the CHL team too. No way Roy is running over to Cleveland.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
he won't have time to be a goalie coach as the head man.
he'd be able to work with him on side work and critique certain things to help but we need a full time goalie coach who isn't the head coach.

Roy is a superhero capable of being Head Coach, Goalie Coach and Vice Vice President all at the sametime. Or at least that's what I expect out of all this.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
Elite players don't necessarily know how to pass that on. One elite center can't really mentor a mediocre center past critiques and what not. What made Roy elite is nothing teachable.

I'd rather someone who can dedicate time to varly and hammer fundamentals and what not. I'd never endorse Roy as a goalie coach even as his only job.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think the press conference will be all that interesting, other than show how much Avs plan to play the nostalgia card.

I guess we can hope for Roy to be open with the media. Hard to know what his style will be.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Varly's pretty lucky to have St. Patrick and Giggy to pick the brains of. Doesnt get much better than that.

Still though, a full time guy to work with him on a day today basis would be helpful.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think the press conference will be all that interesting, other than show how much Avs plan to play the nostalgia card.

I guess we can hope for Roy to be open with the media. Hard to know what his style will be.

Anytime Roy speaks, it's interesting. Really looking forward to watching the press conference with him and Sakic up there together. Never thought I'd see that again.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Anytime Roy speaks, it's interesting. Really looking forward to watching the press conference with him and Sakic up there together. Never thought I'd see that again.

It really is. It will be nice for the first time in a while to have a coach not say the same two or three things throughout the course of a season. As Elliott Friedman said, it sure won't be boring.

He'll be articulate and thoughtful at times, passionate at other times, and probably over the top a couple other times throughout the year. I'm hoping for a Kiszla-Roy feud the first time Kiszla writes a dumb*** shock jock article during the season, which no doubt Patrick will win with the verbal onslaughts. He's gone to war with critics a few times to back up his players in Quebec it seems.

Drij

Mar 5, 2007
Varly's pretty lucky to have St. Patrick and Giggy to pick the brains of. Doesnt get much better than that.

Still though, a full time guy to work with him on a day today basis would be helpful.

When Giggy retires he will become the full time goalie coach.

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
Francois Alaire should probably take the title. I mean, he's worked with both Giggy and Roy... I figure he's the logical choice for a goalie coach.

If anybody has a link for the conference, please post it...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm half tempted to Tweet Dater a link to RS' 25 questions...I'm sure Dater would ask them, at least some of them.

I won't do it because I didn't come up with the questions...though I will do it if RS doesn't mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad