Confirmed with Link: Patrick Roy leaves Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Saw it on the Main board...if it's true, clearly there's a falling-out between the 2 parties. Either way great news.:nod:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow.

Only means one thing: He and Sakic did not, and have not, seen eye to eye on things. And to be completely honest, this summer feels a hell of a lot like Sakic fixing the things Roy wanted done, and had done.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
WTF. Good news in a lot of ways but man I love Patrick Roy so much. He's honestly my hero.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah for this to happen now and Roy leaving, there had to be some friction. I do wonder who they will hire... will Pratt take over?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't mind. I've not been impressed with the way Avs play hockey under him, I don't like his player preferences and I don't think it's healthy to have a coach with big say in personnel decisions.

That said, I have no doubt I'll find something that will annoy me with his successor as well. It's just the nature of being a fan. Sometimes expectations are unfair on coaches.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Whoa just got goosebumps. Super weird I hope it was nothing bad. Wonder what is happening to us now.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Yeah for this to happen now and Roy leaving, there had to be some friction. I do wonder who they will hire... will Pratt take over?

Seemed to me the Pratt hire made for 3 bench caliber assistants on staff. Would anyone be shocked if Farrish stays that Army gets the nod for the year as interim HC. Guy survives like a cockroach.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What could be the reason? Does Sakic have someone better than him?

That he hasn't done a good job with the avs?

Wow.

Only means one thing: He and Sakic did not, and have not, seen eye to eye on things. And to be completely honest, this summer feels a hell of a lot like Sakic fixing the things Roy wanted done, and had done.

It has... I mentioned this a few weeks ago. Take his toy Holden, not getting the guy he wanted in the draft. Probably, some other transactions he didn't like. All I can say about Sakic is that C/B or whatever grade people were giving him needs to be an A now.:laugh:

All he has to do now is get an EXPERIENCED coach from OUTSIDE this organization please.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Seemed to me the Pratt hire made for 3 bench caliber assistants on staff. Would anyone be shocked if Farrish stays that Army gets the nod for the year as interim HC. Guy survives like a cockroach.

MacFarland LOVES Pratt. Out of who is around the organization now, I'd put my money on Pratt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad