Patrick Roy Exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't care for either side of the conflict but don't you love ex-athletes that have benefitted greatly from their sport, all of a sudden start defending the owner's position.

Roy, who's become a mutli-millionnaire thanks to Bob Goodenow, has now developped an understanding for the finances of the league. In an article in today's Journal de Montreal, Roy states that the players proposal is just a smoke screen and there is not enough money in hockey to have revenue sharing. This is the same Roy that was collecting 9 million dollars from the same league that doesn't have enough revenue.

What a hypocrite. (and a wife-b**ting hypocrite at that)

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Now, thats a little harsh. I wouldn't call him a hypocrite. Sometimes you just have to free from a certain group to really see things in a new light and see the truth in certain cases.

chiavsfan

(and a wife-b**ting hypocrite at that)

I love people like you...the ones who never read the facts...like the fact the case was dropped, and nothing was ever proven, and the fact that his wife is still with him.

As for his position on the owners...a lot of ex-athletes say stupid things liek this...notice smarter people like Wayne Gretzky offer their opinions, but do it in a way that they wont have to stick their foots in their mouths later

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm sure there are TONS of players who agree with him.

Just because a couple of the richest union members are so outspoken in the issue, doesn't mean that the other 675 members all agree with them.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
chiavsfan said:
I love people like you...the ones who never read the facts...like the fact the case was dropped, and nothing was ever proven, and the fact that his wife is still with him.

Not only that, but according to reports, there wasn’t any physical abuse involved at all.

The real lessen here is that, when folks feel a need to hate, little things like actually taking the time to know what you’re talking about won’t get in the way…

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
No doubt there are players who privately think that way. I would also be willing to bet that there are a sizable number of owners, and not all from big market teams, that wanted to accept the PA offer and arent convinced that Bettman's approach is best for the league.

I.am.ca

chiavsfan said:

As for his position on the owners...a lot of ex-athletes say stupid things liek this...notice smarter people like Wayne Gretzky offer their opinions, but do it in a way that they wont have to stick their foots in their mouths later

Roy only started to understand as soon as he became an owner of a hockey team, and for the wife beating statement give me a break, like someone said read the damn facts, he tore the stupid door off its hinges and started yelling, his wife freaked and called the cops, nothing really happened regarding him beating his wife.

I.am.ca

MojoJojo said:
No doubt there are players who privately think that way. I would also be willing to bet that there are a sizable number of owners, and not all from big market teams, that wanted to accept the PA offer and arent convinced that Bettman's approach is best for the league.

Canucks, Calgary, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and many others are believing in Bettman. I remember seeing the Edmonton ownership saying that with the offers that the NHLPA are giving, the Oilers would not be able to survive and what not, or something to that extent.

If i am an owner, i side with Bettman, those NHLPA offers only benefit the NHLPA and pretty much leave things the same, just benefitting the players alot more and screwing the owners.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
MojoJojo said:

You are missing the point. I have no doubt that there are many CURRENT players that would accept the deal, but Roy is not a CURRENT player. He greatly benefitted from the NHLPA and at the first chance, he does not support them. Maybe they should also roll back the salaries of ex-players who robbed the poor owners.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
He's not all that hypocritical as an explayer either. Lacroix was his former agent and he always made deals painlessly when he was here. Having PL as a friend may have given him some perspective on management's point of view.

MacDaddy TLC*

Habnot said:
I don't care for either side of the conflict but don't you love ex-athletes that have benefitted greatly from their sport, all of a sudden start defending the owner's position.

Roy, who's become a mutli-millionnaire thanks to Bob Goodenow, has now developped an understanding for the finances of the league. In an article in today's Journal de Montreal, Roy states that the players proposal is just a smoke screen and there is not enough money in hockey to have revenue sharing. This is the same Roy that was collecting 9 million dollars from the same league that doesn't have enough revenue.

First off, he wasn't beating his wife, he was doing some home renovations. That damn closet door needed to go!

Second of all, Patrick Roy becam a multi millionaire because of PATRICK ROY and his unworldly ability, not because a greedy ******* named Bob Goodenow became leader of the NHLPA. He would have made his millions even if Goodenow hadn't come around to **** the system up and escalalte salaries to the point that the business was no longer healthy.

mikeliut1

Jan 27, 2004
"Robbed the Poor Owners"

Habnot said:
You are missing the point. I have no doubt that there are many CURRENT players that would accept the deal, but Roy is not a CURRENT player. He greatly benefitted from the NHLPA and at the first chance, he does not support them. Maybe they should also roll back the salaries of ex-players who robbed the poor owners.

Come on, you really think that St. Patrick robbed the owners, the only people he robbed were the players on the ice, and he did that every night. Players like Patty Roy, who put their teams on the back in April and lift the Cup in June, deserve each and every penny. It's people like Bill Guerin (2002-03 Dallas Stars NHL 64 25 25 50 113 making 8.8 million) that need to re-check the current situation. And in all honesty, Roy is right, hockey doesn't make enough money to have these salaries. I've stopped going to games 6 years ago because I couldn't afford it

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Habnot said:

I think you are missing the point. Did you ever stop to think that Roy sees the writing on the wall and knows how bad of shape the league is in financially and that it will not survive without needed changes?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I.am.ca said:
Canucks, Calgary, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and many others are believing in Bettman. I remember seeing the Edmonton ownership saying that with the offers that the NHLPA are giving, the Oilers would not be able to survive and what not, or something to that extent.

If i am an owner, i side with Bettman, those NHLPA offers only benefit the NHLPA and pretty much leave things the same, just benefitting the players alot more and screwing the owners.

Please, the owners proposal is not about saving Calgary, Edmonton and Pittsburg. Its about making money for the owners. While not giving in to the crazy hard cap proposal Bettman has put out there he is risking the entire american hockey market.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Ola said:
Please, the owners proposal is not about saving Calgary, Edmonton and Pittsburg. Its about making money for the owners. While not giving in to the crazy hard cap proposal Bettman has put out there he is risking the entire american hockey market.

The Amercian market teams that will not survive the lockout are the ones that should be folded anyways.

What do you have against Canada anyways? Every post of yours is anti-Canada, while you completely ignore how weak the Southern-America hockey market it. Forget Pheonix and Carolina! This is all Cananda's fault!

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Habnot said:

bitter much ? :lol

I.am.ca

waffledave said:
The Amercian market teams that will not survive the lockout are the ones that should be folded anyways.

What do you have against Canada anyways? Every post of yours is anti-Canada, while you completely ignore how weak the Southern-America hockey market it. Forget Pheonix and Carolina! This is all Cananda's fault!

You should read his other posts...dude seems like he's having a bad day, like a canadian guy took his gf or something.

habitue*

It is normal that Patrick reacts like this.

With a new system, he is probably dreaming of having NHL hockey back in Quebec City. He probably would probably be part omner of that team.

Jazz

Habnot said:
...Roy, who's become a mutli-millionnaire thanks to Bob Goodenow, has now developped an understanding for the finances of the league. In an article in today's Journal de Montreal, Roy states that the players proposal is just a smoke screen and there is not enough money in hockey to have revenue sharing. This is the same Roy that was collecting 9 million dollars from the same league that doesn't have enough revenue...
What's wrong with someone having an objective opinion about it. It WAS a smokescreen. He is not affiliated on the owners side, so he has no hidden agenda by saying what he did.

I'd rather hear people from the outside with objective opinions rather than the current players who are drinking Goodenow's kool-aid.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Wow, Patrick Roy is a former player who doesn't tow the line of current players - He MUST be the biggest hyporcrite in the world! Hell, screw the fact that he's infinitely more unbiased than either group on the matter.

(/end sarcasm)

mikeliut1

Jan 27, 2004
Roy is such a hypocrite and a wifebeater that the great people at hfboards.com decided that a picture of him stoning Dino C. should go right over the logo on every page on the website!!! end sarcasm!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
mikeliut1 said:
Roy is such a hypocrite and a wifebeater that the great people at hfboards.com decided that a picture of him stoning Dino C. should go right over the logo on every page on the website!!! end sarcasm!
He's done worse to Dino. :joker:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Habnot said:

Roy towed the partly line when he was in the union. He did his job by his team mates and the NHLPA. He's got no reason to now, he's free to speak his mind. He might even have changed his mind. Its going to be hard for any current NHLPA member to speak out against his fellow members or Goodenow.

Go Flames Go*

Patrick should join the cause, join us Patrick join the player haters, and lets get these out of control morons like Trevor Linden(hopefully he retires) under control. GO OWNERS GO, don't worry guys we will win this battle, and the payroll ranges will be put in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad