Status
Not open for further replies.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
MeffyuhTJRest said:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=1712

Over a ppg for his career...Not bad for a crackhead, huh.

Patty O seems to be a great steal by Minnesota. I'm not sure if he'll put up numbers to match his offensive potential playing under Lemaire, though. He also seems to be well liked by his teammates in Miss. and on the US team.

chea chea!

team him up with burns, and minny's got quite a collection of deviants and goofballs

Evman*

McDonald19 said:
Who cares if he was born there, he says his family was there for a few days and he was born early and they went back home to North Carolina.

If My wife and I are on vacation in Mexico and we have our baby early while were there I certainly don't want people saying he is Mexican his whole life. (nothing against people from Mexico, just using it as an example)

Yet there are still the Pejorative Slurs that think Robyn Regehr is Brazilian and Byron Dafoe is British etc.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Who cares if he was born there

Because he was :dunno:

People, people, people... the question isn't "Where is x's hometown?" it's where he was born. O'Sullivan was clearly born in Canada. Birthplace = Canada. Regehr's birthplace = Brazil. Dafoe's birthplace = Britain.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
NYRangers said:
"But you were actually born in Canada.

It's an unfortunate incident."

Indeed it was.

He can count his lucky stars that hes even affiliated in any way to Canadian hockey. Maybe we should kick him out of the CHL and let him develop for some wack NCAA team. You produce your stuff, we'll keep on dominating hockey.

:teach:

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Chris2004 said:
He can count his lucky stars that hes even affiliated in any way to Canadian hockey. Maybe we should kick him out of the CHL and let him develop for some wack NCAA team. You produce your stuff, we'll keep on dominating hockey.

:teach:

Sounds good to us. Jack Johnson and Phil Kessel will look awfuly nice in the NCAA. The players that don't make the NHL will at least have a future with a well-respected degree :D

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Mr Bugg said:
Because he was :dunno:

People, people, people... the question isn't "Where is x's hometown?" it's where he was born. O'Sullivan was clearly born in Canada. Birthplace = Canada. Regehr's birthplace = Brazil. Dafoe's birthplace = Britain.

I don't know any Canadians who care where the hell he was born. He's a damn good player, and I look forward to watching him play for years: in the NHL and for the Yanks.

Hell, if we cared about birthplaces, Heatley would be playing for his fatherland - :eek: Germany!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I don't know any Canadians who care where the hell he was born. He's a damn good player, and I look forward to watching him play for years: in the NHL and for the Yanks.

Hell, if we cared about birthplaces, Heatley would be playing for his fatherland - Germany!

I said birthplace, right? O'Sullivan was BORN IN CANADA. I never said "Country player should compete for at Olympics" or "Country's heritage player should respect", I said BIRTHPLACE. Heatley could play for Germany, the Swiss, Russia- that's essentially his decision, provided he meets the IIHF or other guidelines to do so.

You cannot dispute the fact Patty O was pushed out of his mother's uterus and into the outside world in Canada. That is what is meant by birthplace. Stop making things more complicated than they need to be.

Evman*

Rocky Saginuts said:
Hell, if we cared about birthplaces, Heatley would be playing for his fatherland - :eek: Germany!

You missed the point by a hundred miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad