Patrick Maroon's Post-Game Interview

Kuudere

5-14-6-1
Feb 12, 2015
The City of SpOilers
Absolutely thread-worthy. Really shows how much players are just like your everyday person and family is everything to them. Love Maroon as a player but love him as a person as well. :handclap:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Thats cool. Wish there were more people like him that showed their emotions besides generic hockey robot talk.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Everybody hop on the bus. It's time for a feels trip!

Gene also interviewed his kid in between periods and he talked about how much fun he was having with his dad in town. Glad he scored tonight.

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
He may not be the most talented Oiler, basically a career bottom 6-er, but man he plays his ass off every game. Wears his heart on his sleeve. I bet he'd be an awesome teammate to have on your team.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Still like him and honestly as much as I'd like to still see him in a Ducks jersey it was a great move for him to get traded to Edmonton. He gets a much better role there. Good stuff!

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Does Maroons family live year round in St Louis?

From this article when he played with the Ducks he talked about face timing with his son.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/maroon-a-focused-hockey-dad

I realize uprooting your family every time you're traded is a pain but players do it if they want their family with them. (unless of course he's separated from his wife)

Either way, it's nice to see his son celebrate and Patrick's response.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
hockey players are human, earth shattering stuff.

[MOD]

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Simply beautiful.

[MOD]
Interviewer handled it so well too. People sometimes forget these guys have families too.

A simple pat on the shoulder and a few kind words. Perfect.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Does Maroons family live year round in St Louis?

From this article when he played with the Ducks he talked about face timing with his son.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/maroon-a-focused-hockey-dad

I realize uprooting your family every time you're traded is a pain but players do it if they want their family with them. (unless of course he's separated from his wife)

Either way, it's nice to see his son celebrate and Patrick's response.

He's no longer with his son's mother. She lives in St Louis with their son, and he's living in Edmonton now (obviously). Apparently they used to fly out to Anaheim somewhat frequently so that they could spend time together, but hasn't been able to do it as much since he became an Oiler so he doesn't get to see his son much.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
Back when he was occasionally a healthy scratch, I used to see him cruise around the honda center during games with his kid and you could clearly see how much his kid meant to him. You'd have thought he was carrying the Stanley cup around with him. Seeing that was when I really started rooting for him.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Absolutely heart warming. That wasn't some lame rehearsed reality scene. It was hockey and emotions. Just before Christmas / holidays too. Thanks for sharing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad