Patrick Maroon

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
What do you guys think of his play as of late? Do you think he should be where he is with points, playing on the third line with Rakell and Silfverberg? What about top PP line with Getzlaf and Perry? I also like how he can drop the gloves, hopefully no more healthy scratches for him.

PS. Have you seen him and Kesler on 'Between 2 Zambonis'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rjmmKn5eEY

I love me some Maroon, and I think his point totals are fair all things considered. Had he not ruined his knee early on he might have put up some convincing numbers. He's perfect on the 4th line, good on the 2nd/3rd, and serviceable on the top line. It's his combo of size, strength, and unexpected playmaking ability that makes him so versatile. That said, his play in the defensive end needs to be much, much better. His skating is obviously never going to be good, but if he could play a bit more solid in the D zone, I think he's be a hell of complimentary/depth player.

I do think he's living up to his contract though, and that's really all you can ask. I think he'll be big for us in the playoffs (pun intended).

Oct 18, 2011
i like maroon alot more in the bottom six than the top six

situationally being on the 1st line is OK depending on the opponent

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He has an intersting skill set, that's for sure. Skating is a concern, but it was better before his knee injury this year. I think he looks great beside Rakell and Silfverberg.

Norduck

youllneverquackalone
Feb 9, 2015
CA
Great to start the season, slow to really get his game back after that knee injury. Right now, quite happy with how he's playing. He's just a monster along the boards sometimes, it's hard to move him off the puck. And every now and then he makes some slick pass from outta nowhere.

That goal of his against the Bruins was sick, too.

I like him on the 3rd right now, but it's nice to know he'll win board battles and provide some offensive possession time on whatever line Bruce slots him in on. He's looked good on Getzy's left, Kesler's left, and Thompson's left as well.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
He's been a lot better lately. 30-40 points was what I expected out of Paddy though he had a long stretch there of being really slow and unproductive. He's probably the slowest skater in the league but when we're moving the puck well that isn't a deterrent. I just want consistency out of Paddy. If he can play like he is now all season he could be a real impact player. Considering how little he makes and how modest his raise will be next season I'm pretty happy with him.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
IMO the best spot for Maroon is still the 4th line with Thompson and Jackman. That said, he's played well with Rakell lately.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Needs to work on skating, shot, fighting ... maybe we can supply the feedback checklist for his end of the year exit interview :naughty:

Pretty much this... maybe talk to Parros a bit on how to throw.... and also get ahold of Beleskey's off-season shooting coach? I'd suggest speaking with Getz on the passing, but then we'd see Paddy doing blind backhands all day.

That being said, he's got some great hands and may be our best player on the puck along the boards, period. He's never going to be a great skater, but if he can fine-tune the other things a little, he's value will increase even more.

Tough on where to put him...I like swapping him with Sekac out on the first.. when that's not working (like BB did the other night)... otherwise, 3rd line is good for him. 4th is also OK, but I feel his hands are a often wasted there.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
So what's the update on him? I know he left when we were up 4-1 because of an illness, what are the chances he plays tomorrow?

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
He'll sit out the next game for sure IMO.

Would like to see some other vets get nights off like Beauch or Getzlaf/Perry as well in these next three games.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If he has the flu, he needs to be inside a containment bubble somewhere. Preferably in LA. The last thing we need is another illness running through the team.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I think we need to rest our top guns for sure. Don't like how BB doesn't seem to want to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad