Goals
Compared to everyone who has ever played in the NHL

That is damn good!!!

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't know if he will be top 100 in those stats.

Playoffs though he easily wil be top 50.

If he wins one cup he's hall of game

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't know if he will be top 100 in those stats.

Playoffs though he easily wil be top 50.

If he wins one cup he's hall of game

He just needs 67 assists to get into the top 100 in assists. He's already top 100 in goals and points. How long he will stay there after he's done is another story. I really hope he wins the Cup within the next four years so it makes it easier for him to stay in San Jose the rest of his career.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
He just needs 67 assists to get into the top 100 in assists. He's already top 100 in goals and points. How long he will stay there after he's done is another story. I really hope he wins the Cup within the next four years so it makes it easier for him to stay in San Jose the rest of his career.
As far as playoff goals he's pretty elite I believe tops in the league next to jagr . I know marleaus already in the top 50 as far as goals

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
As far as playoff goals he's pretty elite I believe tops in the league next to jagr . I know marleaus already in the top 50 as far as goals

Marleau is tied for 69th all time in goals with Bill Guerin.
Marleau in the last game passed Bobby Orr for 95th all time in points.
Marleau is tied for 37th all time in playoff goals with Cam Neely.
Marleau is out of the top 50 in playoff assists by 34.
Marleau is out of the top 50 in playoff points by 23.

He's 2nd among active in playoff goals to Jagr.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Marleau is tied for 69th all time in goals with Bill Guerin.
Marleau in the last game passed Bobby Orr for 95th all time in points.
Marleau is tied for 37th all time in playoff goals with Cam Neely.
Marleau is out of the top 50 in playoff assists by 34.
Marleau is out of the top 50 in playoff points by 23.

He's 2nd among active in playoff goals to Jagr.

Thanks for stats I should have clarified playoff goals I know he wasn't there overall for goals

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Marleau would not make my HOF.

Good for very, very long. But not ever great...

Danish Pastry

this is dream!
Jan 3, 2009
Copenhagen
lets get this out of the way cow palace shark fan marleau is my favorite player ever... he is not in the HOF he is as has been said the hall of very very good. a cup and three or four more high goal seasons he gets in maybe after a few misses... Jumbo is the only first ballot guy we have...

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
If he had played his whole career in Toronto, he'd have a chance at the HOF. In reality he is a HOVG player.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
1. He could win the Stanley Cup.
2. He could win the Conn Smythe.
3. He could keep skating, passing, and scoring for the next 5 years at his present clip.

Any TWO of those three and he'll be inducted into the HHOF. The Hall has Bernie F, Dino and Joe N. There'll be room for Patty if he does it!

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
still doesnt show up in big games

This is complete BS. He's the one who scored the series clinching goals TWICE against Detroit - one in game 7.

Are there series where he's better than others? Yes. But he sometimes is the only Shark to show up in series (CHI) and you're just totally off base.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The last 4 series' we've won, Marleau has scored the series winning goal in 3 of them

Also in game 7 against la I'm pretty sure we outshot them like 12-4 while Marleau was on the ice

Suddenly Zyuzin

Jan 14, 2007
Edison, New Jersey
Marleau is not a Hall of Famer. Even if he wins a Cup. A lot of his aggregate stats are also a product of him playing a ton of games. But that's also a credit to him being a very good player for a long time. He is not a Hall of Famer, but if the Sharks ever retire numbers, he should unquestionably be the first guy to get that honour.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Marleau is not a Hall of Famer. Even if he wins a Cup. A lot of his aggregate stats are also a product of him playing a ton of games. But that's also a credit to him being a very good player for a long time. He is not a Hall of Famer, but if the Sharks ever retire numbers, he should unquestionably be the first guy to get that honour.

He's not yet but he still has opportunities to make a better argument. A Cup would obviously help but so would him getting very high up on the all-time games played list and being 500-500 or better. He's never going to be confused with the game's greats but he might sneak his way into the HHOF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad