Patrick Marleau hit to head against Bryan Rust (No DoPS Discipline)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Players were suspended for this hit. Orpik and Letang, 3 games and 1 game respectively.

Consistency says 1 game.

Inconsistency says no games.

So, you pick which you want. If you call for no games you are for inconsistency. If you call for at least one game, you are for consistency. Simple as that.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Should be a couple games. But will end up being just a 1 game suspension. Similar to the suspension Letang got in the Washington series.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Only saw the one angle, wont be a suspension by precedent, but should be based on nhl wanting to eliminate direct headshots.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
thats worthy of atleast 1 game imo if he doesnt have a prior history. but the league doesnt have the guts to suspend someone from the sharks right now. they can headshot or sucker punch people in the heads all they want.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Meh, I'm a Pens fan and while it was high and a bit late, it won't net Patty a suspension. Not in the Cup finals. To be suspended at this point, it's got to be absolutely brutal. He'll get a warning at most.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Players were suspended for this hit. Orpik and Letang, 3 games and 1 game respectively.

Consistency says 1 game.

So, you pick which you want. If you call for no games you are for inconsistency. If you call for at least one game, you are for consistency. Simple as that.

lol yeah let's pretend that this hit is exactly like those hits to play the old consistency card. haha

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Consistency says 1 game.

I'm sure Letang's reputation played a part in his suspension.

Ocoee

Sep 1, 2010
Denver
I hope for a suspension as a Pens fan but I can't help but feel it isn't suspension worthy. Marleau wasn't predatory and didn't jump. :help:

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Eh... I think it's borderline, but Marleau is a star in the SCF. I don't think he gets anything. A fine would be enough, I'd think. If this is a regular season game, I think he gets something more.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I hope for a suspension as a Pens fan but I can't help but feel it isn't suspension worthy. Marleau wasn't predatory and didn't jump. :help:

Those are just bonuses. Primary concern for anything like this is principle point of contact.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Marleau is a Lady Bynger, I think I've seen him fight twice in his entire 18 seasons. I've never seen him throw an intentional head shot and that hit looked like it clipped Rust in the head but wasn't where Marleau was trying to hit him which looked like in the chest.

I wouldn't be surprised with no suspension.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Raffi Torres has been suspended for the entire 2016-17 season due to the Patrick Marleau hit on Bryan Rust.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Patrick Marleau is not getting suspended in the Stanley Cup Finals for that.

Should he? Eh...it wouldn't be a weak 1 game suspension based on some of the hits that have drawn suspensions in these playoffs, but I don't think it was a nefarious hit, he kept the elbow tucked, and it's going to take something brutally awful to draw a suspension in the Finals. Personally I feel like the minor was enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad