Patrick Kane's Historic Season: 121 Point Pace

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
3 points tonight and 40 in 18 and still looks like a joke compared to Kucherov. It's crazy what Kucherov is doing. Kane has 11 in 6, 40 in 18 and still nowhere near Kucherov.
Kane had a rough first month or two and has been trying to play catch up ever since. Not easy to do against someone like Kucherov.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
For their first part of their careers Kane/Toews were back and forth on the better player...this lasted until the lockout when since then Kane has left Toews in the dust. For playoffs they both were great outside of Toews in 2013..so i give slight edge to Kane there..just too clutch

Toews can still be good though even if he isn't close to Kane

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Total points since McDavid entered
Kane 358
McDavid 339

PPG since McDavid entered
McDavid 1.24
Kane 1.17

Kane has one less Lindsay and one less Art Ross in that time. Close but yeah I guess McDavid has been better.

McDavid also missed a great portion of time in his rookie season when he played less than 50 games. He would easily pass Kane if he was healthy.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
For their first part of their careers Kane/Toews were back and forth on the better player...this lasted until the lockout when since then Kane has left Toews in the dust. For playoffs they both were great outside of Toews in 2013..so i give slight edge to Kane there..just too clutch

Toews can still be good though even if he isn't close to Kane
Toews was just fine in the 2013 playoffs. He didn't score as much as Kane, but he was pulling double duty much of the time by having to play a shutdown role. Q used him again like that in 2014's playoffs. It's what happens sometimes with a Selke level center.

And Kane didn't leave him in the dust until the 15-16 season when Kane was potting a 100pts and Toews was struggling with a back injury he sustained during the World Cup. Toews has closed that gap a bit this season, and is probably better than Kane was last year, but Kane's play this year is on another level.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Toews was just fine in the 2013 playoffs. He didn't score as much as Kane, but he was pulling double duty much of the time by having to play a shutdown role. Q used him again like that in 2014's playoffs. It's what happens sometimes with a Selke level center.

And Kane didn't leave him in the dust until the 15-16 season when Kane was potting a 100pts and Toews was struggling with a back injury he sustained during the World Cup. Toews has closed that gap a bit this season, and is probably better than Kane was last year, but Kane's play this year is on another level.

Toews wasn't terrible in 2013 but he wasn't great the team having the best dman and arguably top winger in the game bailed him out.

Again since the end of the lockout Kane has been the clearly better player I would agree before that they were pretty much equals basically taking turns having better seasons...i think anyone who says otherwise is really just a fanboy.

Also in regards to Kane "leaving Toews in the dust" that started in the 14-15 season

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
MVP

The guy is electric to watch, produces more ES than any other player, and he is leading a Chicago team with the leakiest defense in the league into the playoffs.

Don't like him much, but gotta respect what a nutty season he is putting together.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So...if he wins the Art Ross is it time to argue if he's the best player in the world?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Since the start of the 2014-15 season and up to today:

1. Kane - 427 points (367 GP)
2. Crosby - 420 points (371 GP)
3. Kucherov - 415 points (374 GP)
4. Ovechkin - 377 points (383 GP)
5. Wheeler - 373 points (384 GP)

Wheeler surprised me the most, wow that's some elite production. Kane is out of this world for sure but seeing Wheeler in the company of arguably for 4 generational players(I think there is a case to be made for Kucherov).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad