Waived: Patrick Eaves

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
It would be great if someone claimed him but I don’t think there is a real chance of that.

Guy is so injury prone. That contract was horrible and I can’t beleive BM gave it to him in the first place knowing his past.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
It would be great if someone claimed him but I don’t think there is a real chance of that.

Guy is so injury prone. That contract was horrible and I can’t beleive BM gave it to him in the first place knowing his past.

If he could have averaged around 60 games a season it would have been fine. He and Getzlaf had incredible chemistry. These past couple years he had some mind blowingly horrible issues.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
If he could have averaged around 60 games a season it would have been fine. He and Getzlaf had incredible chemistry. These past couple years he had some mind blowingly horrible issues.

I get that but he didn’t even make it to the end of the season the year the Ducks acquired him. BM should have seen the red flags and not handed out a 3 year deal.

It is a repeat of the Souray situation.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I’m just hoping this means it WAS the flu and not more
Big health scares

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he was awesome down the stretch in 16-17

and he basically played a handful of games after that. glad he was able to recover from his illness and make it back out on the ice. but huge mistake giving him the contract. given his injury history i assume he'll just retire

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

There was never any reason to believe he'd average 60 games... or even play 60 games. He has done that exactly 1 time since 2011. Even if you count his good years, since he came into the league he's played only 55.7% of the regular season games, and there was zero reason to believe that would get better as he aged.

Everyone loved the signing for some reason but he was *extremely* high risk from the start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad