Patrice Bergeron

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Thank you for that. In these dark days of Hockey that just brought a smile to my face for the entire video. Bergy is so good its unreal. Fav player in the NHL as soon as he hit the ice in his first year. Give me 12 Bergerons and ill never lose a game! well unless im playing 12 Datsyuks lol

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No Bergy. No Cup.

To me he is the face of the franchise.

Former GM Mike O'Connell agrees. After the Bruins won the cup, he was interviewed and said that the Bruins made a decision in 05 to build around Bergeron and not Thornton and they preferred the former's on and off ice demeanor.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Former GM Mike O'Connell agrees. After the Bruins won the cup, he was interviewed and said that the Bruins made a decision in 05 to build around Bergeron and not Thornton and they preferred the former's on and off ice demeanor.

He'd be twice the player he is now without a concussion.

He's still one of the best in the league. Guy does everything right. I'm sure this Selke won't be his only one. One of the best guys to base a team around, great offensively and defensively, respected by everyone, mature, and a hell of a leader.

Greyhounds

Sep 30, 2005
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I see he's no longer playing for Lugano for a couple of weeks now.

Now he needs to speak up, and tell the PA idiots to sign the contract. Keeping quiet is just compliance. As long as he does so, he's throwing guys like Shawn Thornton under the bus. As much as I like Bergie, it's guys like him that need to add input, instead of letting the extremists make the decisions in the PA.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Game 7 against Vancouver he was as good as I've ever seen. He's the definition of a guy who gets "it" in every aspect of the game.

I love after 40 min and up by 3 in game #7 ..." It's not enough...we need to play for 60 min"...

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Isn't the Stanley Cup and the Selke credit enough?

His coach and his team mates know what he brings to the table. The rest is not relevant and I think Bergy feels the same way.

And yes ... "It's not good enough" tells you the whole story!!

Last edited:

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
You've got to love the goals at 20 sec 1:45 and 3:37. Also i didn't realize how many goals he scored against MTL that year.

Dojji*

Watching that it's amazing how many of PB points come off of him creating a turnover.

It really is. He's scary good on the forecheck, and having 2 great, fast, mentally quick offensive players on his line who can both score and set up offensive chances at high levels, is an awesome thing.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bergeron will go back to flirting with PPG status once he and the Bruins powerplay comes back to life. He use to be a PP demon, scoring 12 and 14 goals in both his 70 point seasons.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It really is. He's scary good on the forecheck, and having 2 great, fast, mentally quick offensive players on his line who can both score and set up offensive chances at high levels, is an awesome thing.

I reckon having those two party animals on his line gives him the confidence to play more offensively as well

Dojji*

Hard not to. All three are capable of dominating both the forecheck and the backcheck. Even if you take a risk and it blows up, the opposing team doesn't have a lot of time to make a play before it's 5 men back again.

One of the things you need to pay attention to in that PB highlight is just how much Seguin has improved his two way game alongside Bergeron. The last few Seguin-cameo highlights are a lot more Bergylike than some of the earlier Seguin appearances.

If there's one truly fantastic franchise-strengthening move I want to give Julien mad props for, it's for basically apprenticing Seguin to Bergeron. That's going to bear us fruit for years down the line.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Hard not to. All three are capable of dominating both the forecheck and the backcheck. Even if you take a risk and it blows up, the opposing team doesn't have a lot of time to make a play before it's 5 men back again.

One of the things you need to pay attention to in that PB highlight is just how much Seguin has improved his two way game alongside Bergeron. The last few Seguin-cameo highlights are a lot more Bergylike than some of the earlier Seguin appearances.

If there's one truly fantastic franchise-strengthening move I want to give Julien mad props for, it's for basically apprenticing Seguin to Bergeron. That's going to bear us fruit for years down the line.

Got to spread those props to MOC for ditching Thornton and building around Bergeron. Much rather have kids like Marchand, Seguin, Krejci and Lucic learning the game next to Bergeron than Jumbo Joe.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Got to spread those props to MOC for ditching Thornton and building around Bergeron. Much rather have kids like Marchand, Seguin, Krejci and Lucic learning the game next to Bergeron than Jumbo Joe.

Yep, and that's what the point chasers don't realize (ie kessel for Bergeron) it's about cups. Some guys got what it takes to lead you there, some don't

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

For all his warts, and ridiculous trade aside, the Bruins don't win the Cup without MOC clearing out Thornton's attitude and money, and extending Tim Thomas 3 years, 3 mil.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I love Patty B - if I had kids who wanted to seriously play, I'd have them watch him. He's what coaches define as a 'hockey player', imo. You don't have to be the biggest or the best, but if you work hard, that's going to elevate your talent and that's going to put you in a position to succeed, consistently.

That said, am I the only one who thinks that the timing on his one-timer hasn't been the same since Randy Jones?

Not trying to stir the pot, or piss people off, but just curious. Haven't watched anything more than highlights of his European tour this year.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I love Patty B - if I had kids who wanted to seriously play, I'd have them watch him. He's what coaches define as a 'hockey player', imo. You don't have to be the biggest or the best, but if you work hard, that's going to elevate your talent and that's going to put you in a position to succeed, consistently.

That said, am I the only one who thinks that the timing on his one-timer hasn't been the same since Randy Jones?

Not trying to stir the pot, or piss people off, but just curious. Haven't watched anything more than highlights of his European tour this year.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/stats/_/id/2280/patrice-bergeron

Bergeron is a pretty consistent 10% shooter pre and post concussion.

The only time he scored 30 goals he had 300 shots and the Bruins were terrible. I doubt we see it again.

If Bergeron were to have a "career year" it would be 25-50-75

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad