Patrice Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

He was that good. Look for him to be a consistent second line player, getting over 55 points. He also hits, which was great to see last year. I believe that he will be a very good player. No one year wonder.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I really like him.

He should have an individual impact similar to Smolinski, but more consistent and hardworking making him much more servicable in a team concept.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
I like his style of play but I don''t like him at all. I remember in an interview after a game vs the Habs he was saying that when he was a kid hee was a nordiques fan so he hated the habs and that still now he can't stand them.:loony: No one gets away after sayin that!!!!! :beatup:

Vic Rattlehead*

x-bob said:
I like his style of play but I don''t like him at all. I remember in an interview after a game vs the Habs he was saying that when he was a kid hee was a nordiques fan so he hated the habs and that still now he can't stand them.:loony: No one gets away after sayin that!!!!! :beatup:
:joker: So everyone who doesn't like the habs is bad on your list? (just kidding) :joker:

Prucha73

J Train said:
Is Patrice Bergeron that good or was it a one year wonder? Opinions? what does the future hold for this young star?

He is good but probably did get a bit lucky as well.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
While 16 goals and 40ish points doesn't make him a star yet, I do think he's for real.
I don't think he has the the physical gifts (like great speed or size) to make him a dominating player. But he does have the smarts, courage, hands and hockey sense to be an awesome two-way player. If he doesn't average, say 25/35/60 over the next three or four years, I'd be disapointed. After that, who knows... He's so young, he's still developing, heck he's still growing! It's going to be a lot of fun watching this kid develope over the next 8 years.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
i dont think he'll ever be a superstar, but I seem as being a reliable centreman putting up good numbers around the 45-52 pt range.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
Ya, I personaly don't see the high ceiling - but his intangibles (which are what allowed him to play in the NHL this year) will make him a very very good second liner for many years.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I'd argue he looked better -more creative, passionate etc. than Thornton- for the majority of the season... sure JumboJoe doesn't give it his all every night, but I would argue Bergeron looks as dangerous as Thornton most nights... just doesn't have his size...

2)he went after guys like Chara and Cairns so there is no-one too big for him to hit... I believe he knocked Volchenkov and another guy out of the line-up in two straight games off of clean body-checks.

3)Keep in mind, that by living with Lapointe he has a body-building guru pushing him... he put on alot of pure muscle later in the year...

4)I thought he played well for Canada at the World Championships...not too many 18-year-olds that get asked for that honour once NHL teams/top-players get knocked out of the play-offs...

He has the mind to be a star in this league... if his body catches up he can do it...

I love TuRuutu and I see there are alot of similarities...

Vic Rattlehead*

Colt.45Orr said:
I'd argue he looked better -more creative, passionate etc. than Thornton- for the majority of the season... sure JumboJoe doesn't give it his all every night, but I would argue Bergeron looks as dangerous as Thornton most nights... just doesn't have his size...

2)he went after guys like Chara and Cairns so there is no-one too big for him to hit... I believe he knocked Volchenkov and another guy out of the line-up in two straight games off of clean body-checks.

3)Keep in mind, that by living with Lapointe he has a body-building guru pushing him... he put on alot of pure muscle later in the year...

4)I thought he played well for Canada at the World Championships...not too many 18-year-olds that get asked for that honour once NHL teams/top-players get knocked out of the play-offs...

He has the mind to be a star in this league... if his body catches up he can do it...

I love TuRuutu and I see there are alot of similarities...
yes, he knocked Volchenkov and Varada out of Otttawa's lineup.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Colt.45Orr said:

They were questionable at best.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
the thing i love about bergie is his maturity, character and work ethic. i see him being an excellent 2nd line center- great two-way game, strong playmaking skills, and he just flat-out knows the game. i don't think he'll be a captain, but i certainly see him becoming an alternate in the next few years. the bruins made a good pick, but they also got lucky. as mike o'connell said in the 2nd half of the season, "if we knew bergeron would be THIS good, we'd have drafted him in the FIRST round". he also grew a bit since the draft, which is another thing that made him more attractive as a player. either way, IMO, this kid is no fluke.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Bileur said:

maybe, maybe not. the funny thing is that varada has little room to talk about questionable hits. i say, live by the sword, die by the sword. varada is one of the dirtiest players in the entire league.

Vic Rattlehead*

roast said:
With he and Raycroft in net, that is a pair of dynamic young players.
Ya, and with Thornton, Samsonov, Boynton, and Gonchar(although is is older then the rest) give us a nice core.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Just one more player that would've been taken high in any other draft and is evidence of the depth that 2003 had...

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Bileur said:

Open ice hits.

No penalty called.

What are you questioning??...

...Perhaps why a skilled, skinny 18 year-old was able to knock out two of your grittier players?... I wundered that myself... any contributions you may have would be helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad