Patrice Bergeron on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Bergeron had 5pts tonight for Providence and now has 16pts in 13 games as a 19 yr old.

He is expected to be released to the Canadian World Junior Team on Dec. 13th to compete at the WJC. How will he do and what line will he play on?

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
HabLover said:
what line will he play on?

I would love to see Crosby and Bergeron play together. Possibly throw Mike Richards (who I feel is the best forward in the CHL after Crosby) on that line.

Or play him with Stewart, Dawes, Carter, Horton (?), Perry (?), Burns, Getzlaf, Fehr, Brule (?), etc. etc. Does it really matter? This forward group is going to be awesome. :yo:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
willie said:
I would love to see Crosby and Bergeron play together. Possibly throw Mike Richards (who I feel is the best forward in the CHL after Crosby) on that line.

Or play him with Stewart, Dawes, Carter, Horton (?), Perry (?), Burns, Getzlaf, Fehr, Brule (?), etc. etc. Does it really matter? This forward group is going to be awesome. :yo:

i'd agree with you here- this is an all-star team :eek:

by the way, the funniest thing about this post is that it was started by someone named HabLover, about a bruins player :joker:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
willie said:

I think that we are very likely to see Bergeron and Crosby play together. However I don't think I'd want to break up the Richards, Stewart and Dawes line that had the most chemistry for us last year. I'd love to see a true goalscorer and someone who can do the dirty work placed as the third person on that line. perhaps someone like Eric Fehr or Steve Bernier.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Brock said:
I think that we are very likely to see Bergeron and Crosby play together. However I don't think I'd want to break up the Richards, Stewart and Dawes line that had the most chemistry for us last year. I'd love to see a true goalscorer and someone who can do the dirty work placed as the third person on that line. perhaps someone like Eric Fehr or Steve Bernier.

Keep the Stewart, Richards, Dawes line together as they having been playing together since U18's and onto the WJC.

leafaholix*

Bergeron's one of the most underrated young players in the game.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Bergeron's one of the most underrated young players in the game.

Im beggining to believe it... Cant recall against whom..But I recall one outside-inside move..to the net and he scored.. looked like a move only the elite players pull off ..of course wanst sure if he could always do that , now im begging to think he can...the most impressive thing is hes a player thats moved to a higher level of hockey 3 or 4 consecutive years.. cant ever recall another player doing so... and that makes me wonder how far can his learning curve keep improving..seems like it hasnt stopped yet... too Bad no NHL this year to see what he woulda done... tho in the long term i think it will benefit Bergeron and other young players development....Im just wondering why no one saw that kind of potential in him before the NHL ;)

cstu

May 6, 2004
Leafaholix, I can't stop looking at your avatar. That move is just filthy.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
HOCKEY_GURU said:
... tho in the long term i think it will benefit Bergeron and other young players development....Im just wondering why no one saw that kind of potential in him before the NHL ;)

My best guess was his lack of a "showcase" year in the QMJHL. It's supposed to be a scorers league and he only scored 73pts in 70 games or 88pts in 81 games if you add the playoffs. Good thing for Boston stats aren't everything and they made good use of that #45 pick. I love this kid. Such a smart player.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
mazmin said:
My best guess was his lack of a "showcase" year in the QMJHL. It's supposed to be a scorers league and he only scored 73pts in 70 games or 88pts in 81 games if you add the playoffs. Good thing for Boston stats aren't everything and they made good use of that #45 pick. I love this kid. Such a smart player.

He reminds me a lot of Sakic in some ways...or Simon Gagné (his doppelganger)

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
mazmin said:
He was rookie of the year in the QMJHL.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Here's a tidbit you probably aren't aware of:

Scott Bradley (Boston's amateur scouting chief) liked Bergeron so much that he was prepared to spend the 21st overall selection on him. He was expecting Minnesota to take Mark Stuart 20th, but when they didn't, he had a tough choice to make.

In the end, they *knew* that if they didn't take Stuart there, he would not be on the board when they next picked at 45th, but Bergeron might be. So, they rolled the dice and ended up getting exactly what they wanted.

We all laugh about it now, but imagine the Bruins fans' revolt if the B's had indeed drafted Bergeron, a relative unknown at the time of the 2003 draft compared to other players still on the board, 21st overall.

Hindsight says that the pick would have been completely justified, but there would have been some serious screaming at the time. Instead, the Bruins came away with three pretty good players on Day 1: Stuart, Bergeron and Masi Marjamaki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad