Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
That is true.I think he is ok but if a guy is hurt and cannot play to full potential it hurts the team.Nobody is bigger then the team.He is ok though.
There is some hided hate on this guy. Undersppreciation.
37 is not a flashy player. He is a positionnel high level IQ player.
Saying playing hurt might hurt the team after the numbers he added in this game is not understandable. If his hurt like today, i want him on the roster next game.

Reactions: Selke37

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If he is hurt he should not be playing.Goal is to win Cup not 1 series.
Bullshit. An 80% Bergeron is still better than 90% of the centers in this league. In 2013 he played with a freakin broken rib and collapsed lung. If he says he can play, then he f***ing plays. Simple as that.

He’s EARNED that much from us fans and this organization...

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Tavares potted 47 goals this year and has one through 4 games in this series and none in the last three matched up against Bergeron.

The last time Tavares went three games without a goal was mid February.

Reactions: TwineTickler

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bergeron didn't have a sexy game but he was much better at the faceoff circle

made the necessary subtle plays/positioning in order to help Marchand score and battled Zaitzev and set a screen for Chara to score the eventual gwg. Winning plays

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
something is limiting his minutes and I don`t think it`s Butch matching lines that`s doing it. Either way, unless Bergy is dying, we all know he`s playing, discussion over and that`s the way it should be.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
something is limiting his minutes and I don`t think it`s Butch matching lines that`s doing it. Either way, unless Bergy is dying, we all know he`s playing, discussion over and that`s the way it should be.

Everyone is wondering what happened lol

only less than 15 min?

At the end of the game Krejci was out there, I don't believe I saw Bergy

I mean was Bergeron out there the shift prior to that?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

only less than 15 min?

not sure, I was too focused on the beastly shift DK played to help get that puck out.

Something is ailing PB, not enough to hold him out but something is going on

Reactions: rocketdan9

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
There is something wrong, you can see it in his skating and how he is finishing his checks. He is a total warrior however and will play through anything.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

only less than 15 min?

His line had all changed with about 30+ seconds left after both he and Marchand tried to shoot it at the empty net that the Leafs had collapased around. Bergeron shot it high, Marchand's shot hit a body, and then both rotated back to the bench.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
His line had all changed with about 30+ seconds left after both he and Marchand tried to shoot it at the empty net that the Leafs had collapased around. Bergeron shot it high, Marchand's shot hit a body, and then both rotated back to the bench.

Wasnt that coyle?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Tavares potted 47 goals this year and has one through 4 games in this series and none in the last three matched up against Bergeron.

The last time Tavares went three games without a goal was mid February.

I think this is very possible for Bergeron to accomplish while still being injured or sick.

Not that you are trying to debunk that he isn’t I just think he’s that good at locking down whoever he lines up against.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I think this is very possible for Bergeron to accomplish while still being injured or sick.

Not that you are trying to debunk that he isn’t I just think he’s that good at locking down whoever he lines up against.
And Tavares goal was an emoty net on a clean Bergeron win draw that PAstrnak destroyed with lack of tenacity.

That one goal being an empty netter.

I didn’t catch that - pretty impressive IMO and I agree he doesn’t look 100%

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That is true.I think he is ok but if a guy is hurt and cannot play to full potential it hurts the team.Nobody is bigger then the team.He is ok though.
If Mark Messier, Shane Corson, Brendan Shanahan, PK Subban, Shea Weber, Rick Tocchet, Sid Crosby, waired until they were not injured to play they would hardly ever play.

Bergeron is quite obviously not 100 per cent, but he is not injured enough to sitting. Or he would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad