Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What if Bergeron doesn’t want to be captain? He was interviewed after his 1000 game ceremony and it sounded like he was relieved the patriots were there to take the spotlight off him. I doubt he actively doesn’t want to be captain, but I also believe he doesn’t care if he’s captain or not. He doesn’t have a big ego. Fans want to see it more than he does.
Chara has flat out called him co-captain, so I think that's how they actually function even though they don't split wearing the C on the jersey. I suspect Bergeron is just fine with that as he probably doesn't want to be viewed as taking anything away from Chara.

I'm not going to lie, yes I would love to see the letter on his jersey, but it can wait until after Zee retires. Both of them are the longest-serving captain and alternate captain in the league. That's pretty amazing. I hope the kids in the room realize what they've got there, and I think they do.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
6 goals, 6 assists in his last 6 games despite averaging 16:34 a game. Best case scenario to keep his minutes down heading into playoffs.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Meet Bergerine, the Iowa girl named after Patrice Bergeron - The Boston Globe

You might know a Bruins superfan who named their dog Tuukka or Looch. Here’s a new one: a baby girl named after Patrice Bergeron.

Meet Bergerine, born eight months ago. Her parents, Rob Eilers and Meredith Dinsdale of Mason City, Iowa, had the thrill of meeting their beloved No. 37 after Thursday’s morning skate at the Xcel Energy Center.

Before posing for photos, Bergeron signed a jersey and inscribed a poster of baby photos, “From one Bergy to another.”

“It’s flattering,” Bergeron said. “She’s very cute. It’s great to meet them. They’re great fans, obviously.”

Reactions: Spooner st

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

You might know a Bruins superfan who named their dog Tuukka or Looch. Here’s a new one: a baby girl named after Patrice Bergeron.

Meet Bergerine, born eight months ago. Her parents, Rob Eilers and Meredith Dinsdale of Mason City, Iowa, had the thrill of meeting their beloved No. 37 after Thursday’s morning skate at the Xcel Energy Center.

Before posing for photos, Bergeron signed a jersey and inscribed a poster of baby photos, “From one Bergy to another.”

“It’s flattering,” Bergeron said. “She’s very cute. It’s great to meet them. They’re great fans, obviously.”
They couldn't just name the baby Patrice?

Sorry I find this creepy and the name awful

Reactions: Bruinaura

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Should have named her Cleary :sarcasm:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They couldn't just name the baby Patrice?

Sorry I find this creepy and the name awful
Yeah...I mean, Bergeron is my favorite player, but I wouldn't even name a pet after him, much less a human... o_O And Bergerine?? Uhhhhh... Sorry, kid. :help:

I have friends who are big Patriots fans and they named their sons Drew and Brady. At least those are "normal" names but I just couldn't name a kid after a pro athlete, no matter how much I enjoy watching said athlete play. :dunno:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Yeah...I mean, Bergeron is my favorite player, but I wouldn't even name a pet after him, much less a human... o_O And Bergerine?? Uhhhhh... Sorry, kid. :help:

I have friends who are big Patriots fans and they named their sons Drew and Brady. At least those are "normal" names but I just couldn't name a kid after a pro athlete, no matter how much I enjoy watching said athlete play. :dunno:

Me and my daughter Orretta totally agree!

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
So uh...what's the deal with Mr. Bruin?

Not impressed through 3 games so far.

1 PPG off a great play by Marchand that gave him an empty net. 1 Goal late in a game they were already dominating in.

But ignoring the stats, he just looks off. Losing battles I have never seen him lose. Losing coverage, getting beat consistently on the draw.

Is he sick/injured?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

1 PPG off a great play by Marchand that gave him an empty net. 1 Goal late in a game they were already dominating in.

But ignoring the stats, he just looks off. Losing battles I have never seen him lose. Losing coverage, getting beat consistently on the draw.

Is he sick/injured?

He is a little older

It is what it is

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Is he sick/injured?
he was aful tonite. cehlarik like turnovers that led to 2 pp goals.
plus horrible on the draws.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He is a little older

It is what it is

Not sure if I buy that considering stats wise, this was a career year for him. Unless he just can't keep up with the playoffs, which I very highly doubt. If that's the case, we better start tanking for lottery picks.

Not sure tonight was BAD and one of the goals was directly on him. Hes also been messing up the PP and the weak link on it. I was hoping we'd move up Coyle for the third.

But its Bergeron there is no accountability if he plays poorly he can fire slapshots on Rask during the game and he'll still be on the top line next shift.

Which to be fair I think he has earned a lot of leeway. But out of all my concerns going into the playoffs vs. the Leafs, the play of Bergeron was not one of them.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Not sure tonight was BAD and one of the goals was directly on him. Hes also been messing up the PP and the weak link on it. I was hoping we'd move up Coyle for the third.

But its Bergeron there is no accountability if he plays poorly he can fire slapshots on Rask during the game and he'll still be on the top line next shift.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
As in like 2 weeks older than he was when he had a career year? Not sure that’s enough to make a difference

Regular season and playoffs are different

He is more of an ideal #2 center but has all the pressure to come through as a #1

His origin is to shut down the opposing best not outscore them. It has been something nice he has built over the years. .. cant expect everything from Patrice

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Regular season and playoffs are different

He is more of an ideal #2 center but has all the pressure to come through as a #1

His origin is to shut down the opposing best not outscore them. It has been something nice he has built over the years. .. cant expect everything from Patrice

Legitimately stopped reading this post after the second paragraph

Hoping the last paragraph is the “just kidding” part

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

This is not the regular season

Think about it

In 2011 and 2013 he was that shutdown #2 center in the playoffs

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

This.

Hes still human and an athlete who needs to be coached they all do. Its unfair to the guy if you don't give him a couple shifts with other linemates when hes having an uncharacteristically poor game. Flip him and Coyle for a couple shifts and he'll probably snap out of it and be back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad