Player Discussion Patrice Bergeron III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
best two way forward in nhl history. enjoy every minute of his career - we've been very fortunate.

Couldn't agree more. I don't even want to think about when he hangs them up.... but it will have been an absolute pleasure watching this guy compete every night. My favorite athlete ever... and it'll take a lot to knock him off the throne. Definitely best two-way player in NHL history. Deserves a 2nd cup. I want it so bad.

BruinFanSam

Mar 24, 2010
Boston
Couldn't agree more. I don't even want to think about when he hangs them up.... but it will have been an absolute pleasure watching this guy compete every night. My favorite athlete ever... and it'll take a lot to knock him off the throne. Definitely best two-way player in NHL history. Deserves a 2nd cup. I want it so bad.

He had 3-4 just eye opening defensive plays too yesterday... not to mention that diving feed to (Marchand? Pasta?)

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
He had 3-4 just eye opening defensive plays too yesterday... not to mention that diving feed to (Marchand? Pasta?)

Well the final dagger, his 2nd goal, was vintage Bergeron.... in on the forecheck, getting a skate on the puck disrupting their breakout turning it over and then taking a feed and finishing it. That's Bergy right there. Always in the right spot. Was a perfect way to basically seal that game.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Well the final dagger, his 2nd goal, was vintage Bergeron.... in on the forecheck, getting a skate on the puck disrupting their breakout turning it over and then taking a feed and finishing it. That's Bergy right there. Always in the right spot. Was a perfect way to basically seal that game.
I had a short-lived argument with someone on the main board yesterday who said his forecheck that led to his 2nd goal was just a lucky play lol. One of the most absurd things I've heard on here.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
His third period defensive game was amazing, then he polished them off. He was beyond determined. He has that "look" right now.

it`s performances like that, and those he has shown in the Cup win then final that push a guy from being an excellent player into the elite category for me.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
He was literally laying it all on the ice: diving for loose pucks, winning board battles, getting his body in-between the puck and net on defense, etc etc. He always plays like a leader, but it was so evident that he wanted to end this series last night and was willing to do anything to make it happen.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He's already a HOF'er... but I think he wants to officially cement his legacy if you will... another cup win absolutely does that.

They seem galvanized and they really look like they know this may be their last shot. Similar feeling I'm sure with the Sharks. If they stay healthy this next series I don't see how they don't win. Laser focused.

Reactions: TwineTickler

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Where's that "Bruins fan" who constantly put down Bergeron for the last 10 years? I know he was quiet after Game 7 in 2011 and then came back. Seems to have disappeared again. Weird.

Bergeron does nothing but leave everything on the ice and deliver consistently. The envy of every team in the league.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Where's that "Bruins fan" who constantly put down Bergeron for the last 10 years? I know he was quiet after Game 7 in 2011 and then came back. Seems to have disappeared again. Weird.

Bergeron does nothing but leave everything on the ice and deliver consistently. The envy of every team in the league.
Oh you mean Don Cherry/Fire Claude?

He's on a raft in the middle of the ocean

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Bergy was great last night. He's going to have a huge SCF. It's great that he has this opportunity to redeem himself after being so lousy offensively for most of the playoffs. If not for Charlie Coyle exceeding expectations, we would have lost to the Leafs with Bergeron and Pasta being most to blame.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Bergy was great last night. He's going to have a huge SCF. It's great that he has this opportunity to redeem himself after being so lousy offensively for most of the playoffs. If not for Charlie Coyle exceeding expectations, we would have lost to the Leafs with Bergeron and Pasta being most to blame.
Well ..,some little positive! Must have burn!
Bergeron shut down two of the best in Marner and Taveres. Imo he definaltely was part of the win! Continue positive.., it helps to stay healthy

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Oh look, our resident Debbie Downer

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I guess you guys knew that already...but just learned a funny fact as far as Bergeron is concerned. Do you know how his name is written on the Cup you won in 2011?

He added his father's name....his real name is actually Patrice Bergeron-Cleary. Bergeron being his mother, Cleary his father.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why? He's already recognized as a team leader and someone that helps keep the locker room together. He doesn't need a letter sewed on his sweater to show that.

Exactly.

Even Chara himself refers to Bergeron as his Co-captain.

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I guess you guys knew that already...but just learned a funny fact as far as Bergeron is concerned. Do you know how his name is written on the Cup you won in 2011?

He added his father's name....his real name is actually Patrice Bergeron-Cleary. Bergeron being his mother, Cleary his father.

Most know this. Shawn Thornton even called him "Patrick Cleary" in his Bergeron at 1000 games special this year. Also, Patrice has said in the past his real name is Patrice Cleary. He only used his mother's name because he thought it would give him a leg up in the Q.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
His dad should have worn a 37 Cleary jersey on the last dad's trip. :nod:

I still hold out hope that they will one day do a 37 Cleary St. Pat's jersey

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad