Confirmed with Link: Patches + Coghlan to Carolina. Return? YOU GET NOTHING!

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
the-office-michael-scott.gif

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We give away first round picks like they are nothing so we can acquire players. Then when we trade some of our better players we don’t get any picks. Seems like a winning strategy.

Maybe we’re trying to reduce the ticket prices.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
I love that we moved Pacioretty, this was our best option in my opinion. Pacioretty is overpaid especially in this market. Disappointing that we had to included Coghlan but he is expendable.

• Haha
Reactions: kylbaz

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I did not say I love the trade, I’m ok with the trade. Pacioretty is overrated due to numberous reasons.
Overrated, ok, I guess, but the guy was a PPG player for most of his time here. He was given away for nothing...I'm still unsure how that's possible. The front office & the owner need to be shown the exit.

So the league is supposed allow teams to circumvent the cap or play with undermanned rosters?
Teams circumvent the cap pretty regularly. See, Lightening, Tampa.

Look I have zero sympathy for the VGK doing this to themselves, because Bill Foley is a giant impatient POS, but how is a trade like this ok for the competitive balance of the league as a whole?

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Overrated, ok, I guess, but the guy was a PPG player for most of his time here. He was given away for nothing...I'm still unsure how that's possible. The front office & the owner need to be shown the exit.

Teams circumvent the cap pretty regularly. See, Lightening, Tampa.

Look I have zero sympathy for the VGK doing this to themselves, because Bill Foley is a giant impatient POS, but how is a trade like this ok for the competitive balance of the league as a whole?
I think Pacioretty is a 5 million dollar player, Pacioretty’s age, injury history, short term left, and very poor market completely negate all his value. Most PPG players are worth much more than 5 million but I have my reasons.

I think the owners are more to blame than the league.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The fact that they couldn't get a Stastny return for Patches is an absolute joke. That said he was quite obviously the guy to move. The idiots in the front office just f***ed up the return because of their continuous cap BS.

Coghlan is a nothing piece and would have been on waivers after camp anyways.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I figure Vegas would have to regain or give a prospect to get rid of Patches.

Going overboard to push to win now has consequences. But he’ll, what a ride Vegas has been on eh?

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I don't mind that VGK traded Pacioretty, but their asset management is horrendous. Gave up a bunch of picks for Tatar. Trade Tatar, Suzuki, and more picks for Patches. Trade Patches for nothing. Completely foolish to always be that cap strapped.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team is going to be so f***ed when it does bottom out.

And honestly, that might happen sooner than expected.

Reactions: Vegas07

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I don't mind that VGK traded Pacioretty, but their asset management is horrendous. Gave up a bunch of picks for Tatar. Trade Tatar, Suzuki, and more picks for Patches. Trade Patches for nothing. Completely foolish to always be that cap strapped.
Pretty much... hope Future Considetaions pans out, but we'll probably trade them for more future considerations if they do. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Schmidt, Stastny, Fleury, Pacioretty all for close to nothing for cap.
And teams know that we will give good players away easily.

Also if we try to acquire a player, we will give up top prospects and draft picks to get them.

Our front office is too easily pushed around when making these deals.

Reactions: mundyc3 and olli

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Was pissed off about this the moment it occured and i am still f***ing pissed off about this. I don't think i ever will get over it.

Horrible asset management.
Look thing about it, Future Considerations is probably the best thing we could have traded for. We haven't considered the future at all, so maybe now we can consider the future to not make short sighted trades so we have to trade away our top goal scorer for future considerations. :laugh:

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Look thing about it, Future Considerations is probably the best thing we could have traded for. We haven't considered the future at all, so maybe now we can consider the future to not make short sighted trades so we have to trade away our top goal scorer for future considerations. :laugh:
Who’s next, Stone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad