Pat Summitt’s coach son quits amid relationship with player

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If you are a young guy given the responsibility of coaching a university women's basketball team, I'll bet all parties involved understood the requirement that said young guy keep his pants zipped. It's an absolute no-brainer. That he did not is wrong for multiple reasons: it violates a very important trust between coach and player, one similar to the relationship between teacher and student; there is a huge imbalance of power between the two parties involved; it could create serious problems on the team; it most certainly calls into question the people who hired that guy, fairly or not; and it is morally dodgy as hell. It's not like they are two students who met in class.

I said it was unprofessional. People are acting like he assaulted someone.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I don't know why you're asking me that?

What I said wasn't a compliment lol.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I don't know why you're asking me that?

What I said wasn't a compliment lol.

I'm asking you that because its an interesting factor. 23 in some cases is even the age of a college student. Its not everyday someone that age is a head coach at this level or the pro level. You're lucky if you're a GA at this point in your life usually.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Is this a hockey thread? They play basketball on skates?

I'm talking about HFboards, not just this thread. I'm just amazed that a person that doesn't have any interest in hockey would post on this board everyday only because of the sub-forums (other sports). How many times have you posted in the NHL talk forum? I'm guessing zero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad