News Article: Pat Quinn RIP

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I remember when Quinn used to coach the canucks in the 90's and he would always be chewing gum and he would throw it on the ice when he was upset lol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sad news. He still seemed very healthy even just a couple of years ago. Condolences to his family and friends, he was a great part of this sport for such a long time.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Always remember him in that epic Olympic game against the Czechs....Canada could not lose and Nieuwendyk ties it 3 - 3 in the third period....camera on Quinn.

"F@#K YEAH!" for even the worst lip reader in the world.

Then the tears he shed when they won gold. How they cant give a gold to coaches of 25 man teams is beyond me.

Great coach and I only wish he could have coached here in his prime.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Always remember him in that epic Olympic game against the Czechs....Canada could not lose and Nieuwendyk ties it 3 - 3 in the third period....camera on Quinn.

"F@#K YEAH!" for even the worst lip reader in the world.

Then the tears he shed when they won gold. How they cant give a gold to coaches of 25 man teams is beyond me.

Great coach and I only wish he could have coached here in his prime.

If he would have coached here when we had weight and guerin and smyth... Oh man!

Sad day. The guy was a big part of GOOD ENTERTAINING HOCKEY! Hockey as it was supposed to be played.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Sad to hear. I loved the way the Leafs played when he was there. Too bad he never won a Cup.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Shared an Elevator with him in Winnipeg at World Juniors years back. he was on his way to a game... I was in town working on a project. I told him I got kicked out my suite for the tourney...he said it was nice lol. Saw him around the bar few times has distinctive laugh that just carried. He changed a lot players lives and gave me some good memories with the young guns. RIP

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I've always had so much respect for him. I hadn't heard he wasn't well, that's really unfortunate. RIP Pat. Thanks for everything

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I loved the guys candour. He had a larger than life personality, something the game misses.

I pray his loved ones find comfort in knowing he brought a sense of honesty and integrity to a game that so many Canadians loved; and further, are assauged in knowing his memory will never be extinguished by the role he played.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
So much respect for this guy. He dedicated his entire life to the game. Rest in peace Quinn.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
Sad to hear, he was an iconic coach. He is probably the first mental image when I think coach. RIP Pat Quinn.

LAMF

Nov 23, 2014
Edmonton
Lost a good one, one of the best behind the bench personalities in hockey history. Rest in peace Pat Quinn.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad