Confirmed with Link: Pat Maroon Traded to Bruins for Luke Toporowski and 2026 6th Round Pick (Conditional)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm glad to see Guerin selling, in spite of his comments to the media. I won't lie, I was a little afraid he'd still think the Wild might make the playoffs and it'd make him do something like buying.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm glad to see Guerin selling, in spite of his comments to the media. I won't lie, I was a little afraid he'd still think the Wild might make the playoffs and it'd make him do something like buying.

Maroon is on the IR and was the 14th forward out of the 13th they carried. This isn't really a signal that they are selling nor they are out of the playoff hunt.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
What part of Guerin’s quotes gave you the impression he wasn’t selling? He said he wasn’t going to hold up deals trying to get players back.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_1660.gif
    IMG_1660.gif
    395.4 KB · Views: 3

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If they trade Dewar just to play Khusnuts as the 4th line center, that's going to be pretty annoying.

If they want to ease him into the line-up by having him on the 4th line for his first game or two, I would be ok with that.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If they trade Dewar just to play Khusnuts as the 4th line center, that's going to be pretty annoying.

Best thing I can come up with if they trade Dewar is this

Kaprizov-Ek-Boldy
Zuccarello-Rossi-Hartman
Foligno-Khusnutdinov-Gaudreau?
Shaw-Lucchini-Beckman?

?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
What part of Guerin’s quotes gave you the impression he wasn’t selling? He said he wasn’t going to hold up deals trying to get players back.
Maybe I misread him, and I'm not sure where to find his quote to check right now. I read it as him not feeling like they need to trade anyone, necessarily. If I read it wrong, I'm happy to be wrong.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Maybe I misread him, and I'm not sure where to find his quote to check right now. I read it as him not feeling like they need to trade anyone, necessarily. If I read it wrong, I'm happy to be wrong.

In here is where he talks about it, I am guessing your confusion is that he specifically said he didn’t want to trade any of the extended guys and the poster who had a snippet here didn’t include the context.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN

In here is where he talks about it, I am guessing your confusion is that he specifically said he didn’t want to trade any of the extended guys and the poster who had a snippet here didn’t include the context.
The paywall does not allow me to see.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
The paywall does not allow me to see.
“We got a lot of interest in a lot of players, and Patty’s resume (with three Stanley Cups), of course, teams are out there showing interest,” Guerin said. “Whether that means a team makes an offer is a different story.”

As for Duhaime and Dewar, without naming them specifically, Guerin told The Athletic, “I’m just kind of in wait-and-see mode. I’ve talked to a lot of teams. Sitting here talking to you, nothing’s materialized yet, but that’s not to say it won’t. The prices haven’t been unreasonable, but I haven’t found anything I want to do yet.”

And then probably the part you saw was specifically about the extended guys:

“Guerin understands that some Wild fans are still frustrated he extended Zuccarello, Foligno and Hartman before the season with the Wild potentially looking at an early offseason and appearing to be in sell mode.

“I respect people’s opinions and feelings, but I have to do what I think is right (and that’s not trading away those players),” Guerin said. “If you’re rebuilding, that’s what you do. We’re not rebuilding. I don’t know how many times I have to say it. But people don’t have to agree with it. You don’t have to agree with it, but I’m just telling you that you’re either gonna go with guys you know or you’re gonna go out and spend a lot of money on people you don’t know.

“That’s scarier to me.”

“We’ve got a lot of guys here that have worked real hard all year. If we do get somebody back, then great, but I’m not holding up deals to get people back.”

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
“We got a lot of interest in a lot of players, and Patty’s resume (with three Stanley Cups), of course, teams are out there showing interest,” Guerin said. “Whether that means a team makes an offer is a different story.”

As for Duhaime and Dewar, without naming them specifically, Guerin told The Athletic, “I’m just kind of in wait-and-see mode. I’ve talked to a lot of teams. Sitting here talking to you, nothing’s materialized yet, but that’s not to say it won’t. The prices haven’t been unreasonable, but I haven’t found anything I want to do yet.”

And then probably the part you saw was specifically about the extended guys:

“Guerin understands that some Wild fans are still frustrated he extended Zuccarello, Foligno and Hartman before the season with the Wild potentially looking at an early offseason and appearing to be in sell mode.

“I respect people’s opinions and feelings, but I have to do what I think is right (and that’s not trading away those players),” Guerin said. “If you’re rebuilding, that’s what you do. We’re not rebuilding. I don’t know how many times I have to say it. But people don’t have to agree with it. You don’t have to agree with it, but I’m just telling you that you’re either gonna go with guys you know or you’re gonna go out and spend a lot of money on people you don’t know.

“That’s scarier to me.”

“We’ve got a lot of guys here that have worked real hard all year. If we do get somebody back, then great, but I’m not holding up deals to get people back.”
The only part I saw was the bolded part. I thought he was referring to Duhaime and Maroon with those, not to the guys he extended. The context makes a huge difference to his meaning. Thanks!

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Toporowski is probably nothing, but it seems he was progressing quite nicely up until this year and impressed the Bruins brass as an undrafted player. NHL genetics, and supposed to be physical with a nice shot. Last year was the Bruins 7th rated prospect by one publication that I saw.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just got an email from the Wild that says the Wild got Luke Toporowski as well

Last edited:

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Toporowski turned heads last year as a free agent and earned a NHL contract. He was one of Providence's better players as a rookie and it wasn't out of the realm of possibility that he could earn a call up at some point. I don't know why but this year has been a completely different story. He's been invisible most nights. Hopefully the change of scenery can help him get his game back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad