Apr 18, 2019
Oilers Look to Pat Maroon For Potential Season Turnaround

BREAKING Pat Maroon Traded To Canada Becoming A….png

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Maroon is not available, he should have done more research before throwing him out.

Edit: outside of something truly stupid in return I suppose.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
This topic is a reading comprehension fail
Yes, it is. House of Hockey seems to have seen Pat Maroon's name, ignored the "not sure his availability" part, posted it as breaking news, and then plastered a picture of Goligoski above the article instead of Maroon. This is my first time seeing that website, and it'll probably be my last.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Patrick Maroon actually has 9 points in 18 games playing a 4th line role with Minnesota.

Pat’s metrics aren’t off the charts bad either in a mostly defensive role at ES.

Playoff teams will come calling for the experienced 3 time Stanley Cup champion Big Rig.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Patrick Maroon actually has 9 points in 18 games playing a 4th line role with Minnesota.

Pat’s metrics aren’t off the charts bad either in a mostly defensive role at ES.

Playoff teams will come calling for the experienced 3 time Stanley Cup champion Big Rig.
He's actually been playing up the lineup due to injuries for most of the year, and getting some #2 PP TOI, not that the latter is much of a thing in Minnesota.

He's been ok, and at his miniscule cap hit, definitely would be a positive add for any Cup contender needing some toughness, good boardwork, and otherwise smart play. Just don't expect great skating or hands. He's a banger.

Is he really a need for EDM?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I like Maroon but everyone can see that our D and G are a big problem. We don't need forwards right now. We need D adn G. Especially D. So unless Maroon's backward skating has improved this is a waste of time. Obviously, if we were in a playoff picture and added him at the TDL after fixing our glaring holes... I'd welcome Maroon ideas.

Mar 26, 2010
What does adding a 4th liner do to help the Oilers. Unless he can play goalie.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Maroon is not available, he should have done more research before throwing him out.

Edit: outside of something truly stupid in return I suppose.
He’s not available? Minnesota isn’t even going to make the playoffs lol.

But not trading players like that is one of the reasons you’re in this situation so that sounds about typical.

Reactions: Minnesota

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He'd be a good depth add and give us more grit, toughness and netfront presence. We'd still need to improve our D and goaltending, but I would definitely have time for Maroon if the price is reasonable.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He’s not available? Minnesota isn’t even going to make the playoffs lol.

But not trading players like that is one of the reasons you’re in this situation so that sounds about typical.
If the Wild continue to lose, he could become available, right now though, the Wild have no motivation to move him. The reason that Edmonton would want him is the same reason that MN has him, the Wild want to be competitive this season.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Sounds like Rishaugh used Maroon as an example of someone Holland might like, not an actual rumour that Holland is actually going for him.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
I like Maroon but everyone can see that our D and G are a big problem. We don't need forwards right now. We need D adn G. Especially D. So unless Maroon's backward skating has improved this is a waste of time. Obviously, if we were in a playoff picture and added him at the TDL after fixing our glaring holes... I'd welcome Maroon ideas.
The bottom 6 has like 3 goals and no identity, a smart trade for some help wouldn't hurt, especially since it will be tough/costly to make a big move to help D and goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad