News Article: Pat Kaleta, Matt Cooke

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I read this article and found it interesting. Matt Cooke talking about his own transformation and his offer to support Kaleta. http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/27203/cooke-to-kaleta-i-can-help-you-change

I think Kaleta is at a point where he has to transform his play to stay in the league. Question is, can he?

Personally, I think he can. I think he has enough talent and awereness to do it, and despite doing stupid things, I don't believe him to be a stupid man. I think his done what it takes to be an NHL-player and when being a pest was what it took, then that's what he became. But there's more to him than that. He is also an effective shot blocker and a valuable penalty killer.

I think he needs to focus on those things, and work hard on keeping his cool. I believe he can still be an effective forechecker even if he re-evaluates things and start passing on an opportunity to hit rather than risking hitting dirty.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
If 3 years ago you told me Matt Cooke would be able to help people clean up their game I'd have beaten you sane with a hockey stick.

That said, why not?

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
It's like the punchline to a lame Jeff Foxworthy joke.

"If MATT COOKE!... reaches out to give you advice about cleaning up your game...

...you-might-be-a-dirty-hockey-player."

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Barnaby was just on Xm, saying he doesn't respect Kaleta as a player and he is too dumb to change and not good enough to play in the nhl and that he deserved that suspension and that he is a head hunter who cowers behind Scott. Barnaby also said he and Kaleta are complete opposites and Barnaby was more like Ott. I was pretty angry about the comments and then I realized when he played opossum against the flyers to only jump hextall and then his domestic charges against his wife (dropped in lieu of community service) and his dui months later (also dropped w comm service) and I realize he can't pass jusgement. Any one have thoughts ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad