Pat Burns To HOF

24Cups

Aug 2, 2005
How is he more worthy now than 5 years ago? He should have been elected then! Not sure what Pat Quinn and company were thinking.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Loved Pat Burns segments on the radio he was really interesting.

Well deserved.

217833-pat-burns-derriere-banc-canadien.jpg

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Better late then never I guess. Although I believe that he should have gotten in earlier it's great to see it finally happen.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I'd like to know who on the HOF committee blocked his nomination when he was alive. I heard it was personal vengeance, so I guess it was players.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...damnable sin it has to be now instead of when he was still here to enjoy his well-deserved induction...HoF committee should be ashamed...:shakehead

...congrats, Burnsie; we know you're still watching over us...:handclap:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good for Burns, he's worthy.

On the flipside... Ridiculous that Lindros has to wait while Neely gets in on his 2nd try. The HOF is a joke.

highstick14*

Glad Burns will be immortalized. Great coach.
The next coaches who should make it to the HoF when they retire are or those that are already retired:

Joel Quinville, Pat Quinn, Mike Keenan, Ken Hitchcock, Ron Wilson, Bryan Murray, Jacques Martin, Lindy Ruff, Marc Crawford, Barry Trotz, and Billy Reay. All have more wins than Burns.

David Donaldson*

Glad Burns will be immortalized. Great coach.
The next coaches who should make it to the HoF when they retire are or those that are already retired:

Joel Quinville, Pat Quinn, Mike Keenan, Ken Hitchcock, Ron Wilson, Bryan Murray, Jacques Martin, Lindy Ruff, Marc Crawford, Barry Trotz, and Billy Reay. All have more wins than Burns.

Burns died though, so that automatically makes him more important.
If Keenan or Trotz dies we'll talk.

David Donaldson*

Pat Burns should have already been there long before he passed away.

you're absolutely right .. but the general public has a greater attachment to people who die.

For example.. hypothetically.. lets say an absolute dick in my high school died last week..

he was a complete dick and a bully and noone liked him. but now that he has passed everyone is so sad that their best friend passed away.

A shame a great man like Pat Burns wasn't honoured while alive. what a prime individual and a great coach.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Read his book a few weeks back, he was one hell of a coach. It's a shame I didn't get to see him coach, would have loved him for sure.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Thought I would bump this thread, since tonight is the night that Pat Burns goes to the HHOF. A tremendous honour indeed.

I'm particularly attached to Mr. Burns, since his Canadiens teams were the first team I truly fell in love with. Everything about that era, I feel sentimental for, and the feeling gets richer every year.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I loved Pat so much, his segments in the morning on CKAC at the time was legendary, best hockey radio i ever heard. Brilliant men.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I loved Pat so much, his segments in the morning on CKAC at the time was legendary, best hockey radio i ever heard. Brilliant men.

I will always remember something he said about the Habs once: 'On ne va pas à la guerre avec des tire-pois'... or something like that ;)

habscup*

Pat Burns would be the perfect coach for the current habs. So passionate and so respected that you would try your best for him. He got everything out of his players at all times. So witty too...last quote he made "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". Bye Pat. Nice knowing ya.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
People forget how much he was disliked by fans, despite great success. It was a bit of love-hate with Pat. Very successful but his French nickname was "Platte" Burns because of how boring the Habs could be at times.

However, pretty much every team he coached was tough as nails. Fully deserves to be in HOF. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad