Proposal: Pastrnak to Stars

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I have no idea if Pasta will stay/extend. Hope he does. One of the top scorers in the league. If not, would Stars be interested?

To Stars: Pasta, Debrusk, Carlo, Nosek

To Bruins: Pavelski, Hintz, Gurianov, Kirivanta, Hakanpaa * edit. Add 2022 1st and Harley

Bruins are also rumored to have spoken to Jim Montgomery to fill in as the HC

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I have no idea if Pasta will stay/extend. Hope he does. One of the top scorers in the league. If not, would Stars be interested?

To Bruins: Pavelski, Hintz, Gurianov, Kirivanta, Hakanpaa

Stars add Harley and a 2022 1st. Gurianov took a big step back last year. Pavelski is really old to be headlining a trade. Hintz only good piece here. But he’s good.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

To Bruins: Pavelski, Hintz, Gurianov, Kirivanta, Hakanpaa

As a Dallas fan where do we sign....

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Ignoring whether or not the value is fair, what's the point of having Pastrnak without a #1 C to feed him the puck? If the idea is that Dallas is pushing for the playoffs next season and they need more offense, this trade actually downgrades their potential offensive production by going from Pavelski and Hintz to Pastrnak and DeBrusk.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I don't really think be Dallas would trade huntz for pastrnak 1 for 1.

What good is an elite winger without your number 1 center.

Reactions: Rory
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Also, Dallas won't be able to re-sign Pastrnak because they have learned their lesson about the flaws with giving out big money, long term contracts to 27 year olds.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
So much wrong with this proposal I don't know where to start. Maybe the fact that Pavelski is immovable (NTC). Maybe the fact that there's no way the Stars can afford to pay Pasta $10M on top of Benn, Seguin and what they'll need to pay Robertson.

Any Pasternak trade starts with Wyatt Johnston and adds from there, and I'm not sure that makes sense for Dallas unless they truly believe Dellandrea is a legit #2C.

Dallas has done a phenomenal job finding talent with mid/late first round picks and picks later in the draft, giving them the unique opportunity to avoid tanking for a rebuild and truly being able to re-tool on the fly in a way I just cannot remember another team being able to do. So to change course would be extremely stupid, IMO.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
So much wrong with this proposal I don't know where to start. Maybe the fact that Pavelski is immovable (NTC). Maybe the fact that there's no way the Stars can afford to pay Pasta $10M on top of Benn, Seguin and what they'll need to pay Robertson.

Any Pasternak trade starts with Wyatt Johnston and adds from there, and I'm not sure that makes sense for Dallas unless they truly believe Dellandrea is a legit #2C.

Dallas has done a phenomenal job finding talent with mid/late first round picks and picks later in the draft, giving them the unique opportunity to avoid tanking for a rebuild and truly being able to re-tool on the fly in a way I just cannot remember another team being able to do. So to change course would be extremely stupid, IMO.
there is a dualism going on with your post

You 1st state Dallas can't also pay Pasta 10m per. But then say any trade with Pasta to the Stars .... starts with Johnston?

I would be totally fine with that.

Stars I doubt trade their future 1c/top prospect/one of the steals of the draft

At least with Hintz, Pavelski etc. you are getting rid of/trading salary.... so that you can add Pasta salary

NTC can be broken ... If Dallas tells Pavelski, they don't plan to sign him to an extension. But Bruins are willing to. It can change minds

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

To Bruins: Pavelski, Hintz, Gurianov, Kirivanta, Hakanpaa * edit. Add 2022 1st and Harley

*narrator*
10 player trades never happen in the NHL

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019

So give up a young star player and two other young solid pieces for basically Hintz 🙄 Pavelski is what 37 now?

You must think Sweeney is doing a great job with proposals like this.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
So give up a young star player and two other young solid pieces for basically Hintz 🙄 Pavelski is what 37 now?

You must think Sweeney is doing a great job with proposals like this.
Pasta is more proven and deadly goal scorer. But Hintz is a top 6 C ... 37 goals last season. Pavelski is 37 but scored 81 points last season. Worst case, trade him for a 1st etc at the deadline

You make it sound it these players are chop liver

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I know Hintz is damn good that's why I singled him out as the only valuable piece.

If I'm trading all valuable young assets I expect the same coming back.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
This is a bad trade for Dallas. I like the idea of pasta coming to Dallas but I would rather have Hintz. He is the 1C in Dallas and is a 2 way player. Why is Dallas trading him? Much less adding a ton. A 1st and to D prospect who should make the team next year? That seems way too much. Debrusk, Carlo and Nosek really don’t do much especially at the cost of pavelski, Gurianov, and Hakanpaa. Hakanpaa is critical to the defense.

Severely under valuing Roope in this trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad