Password managers

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Keepass. started using it at work, ended up making a personal one too in case I die or something lol

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Does Keypass work on both Windows and iOS? (i.e., is it a good solution if I access programs/websites on both the home PC and iPhone?)

Sep 19, 2008
I recently became aware of these because I got tired of trying to remember like 50 different passwords for different sites.

People suggested I use LastPass which is free. If you pay one dollar per month you can get it on multiple devices. But for all computers, it works fine for me. Would highly recommend it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
theyre a good service if you pay for the cloud storage, but I dont see the use in it outside of that.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I use LastPass myself, love it. Personally I can share the account with another family member's LastPass (emergency) and professionally it stores all of my work accounts and ensures I'm using secure passwords given the sensitive data I work with.

I know a lot of people like KeePass (less user friendly in my opinion) and other options like 1Password and Dashlane. LastPass had a breach over a year ago but it's no big deal. If you use two factor you have probably the most secure way of storing passwords. First your encrypted hash has to be hacked, then it has to be decrypted, then they have to bypass your two factor authentication code (physically get your phone or e-mail account). Not to mention it tracks unusual activity.

It's made my life so much easier to never have to remember more than one password and then simply pull up my passwords on my phone/tablet whenever I need them (e.g. Netflix).

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I use Dashlane. It's great (for being free) but it has some annoying glitches with the chrome extension randomly not working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad