GDT: Pass The Poutine: Our The Boston Bruins @ Le Habs 2/6 7:30 PM (NBCSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
I thought in the first game that the B's were rolling new PP units out almost every time a puck was cleared. What happened to that? They didn't score but they had very good energy and played with some urgency.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Nugent Hopkins hurt for toniute,Oilers call up farms leading scorer,Where he play?? Thats right scoring line,Oiler coach says not no point using scorer as checker,,HMMMMMM

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I wonder if he is afraid of seriously injuring people and holds off on that? He is a bit of a gentle giant (although he loses it sometimes).

that's my worry though with Chara. He seems afraid to unleash the full power of his shot. It would start to clear lanes if he did.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
****in Pierre. "Stop being too cute , make the simple play, and blast point shots."

Sounds like the philosophy for our laughingstock PP over the last two seasons.

Don't sound like you know what you're talking about, because you clearly haven't payed much attention to the Bruins PP since it started sucking way back when.

That being said, throwing a young kid forward back on the point each shift just complicates things. Just throw out a normal PP unit, and change the philosophy. Ya wanna keep it simple? Fine. But don't make it about point shots, not only has it not worked for us in years, but Montreal is blocking them like the Rangers out there. Work it down low. Move it quickly. Get PKers stopping and starting. Get some confusion. Throw pucks on net. Dumb it down. Set your sights low. Like a %15 PP. Work from there. The points will open up once PKers have something else to worry about.

But damn, plays like Bergy coming into the zone, throwing a pass behind a guy, and the Habs chipping it out are making me sick. Teams just get close, and wait for us to **** it up. Easy.

Bruins shouldn't be looking for a quick fix. They should be looking for a PP that chips in something, anything. This young forward on the point crap is only making things more confusing for us, and making a long long o-for more likely.

Change the philosophy away from point shots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad