Pascal Laberge A Possible NHL Star in the Making

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Laberge really excites me because he has legit dazzling puck skills and an underrated shot. Him and Konecny are probably our two most skilled forward prospects, and lord knows we need a few offensive generators.

Besides the weight gain needed, I think he could use some power skating work. He's shifty and certainly a respectable skater, who sometimes can flash a bit more, but his stride is kind of weak. The 2-way label floats around pretty much every prospect blurb of his, and not to say it can't be a strength in the coming years, but I'm not really sure he deserves the label as of yet. He had to be moved from center because of difficulties with his defensive play.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Besides the weight gain needed, I think he could use some power skating work. He's shifty and certainly a respectable skater, who sometimes can flash a bit more, but his stride is kind of weak. The 2-way label floats around pretty much every prospect blurb of his, and not to say it can't be a strength in the coming years, but I'm not really sure he deserves the label as of yet. He had to be moved from center because of difficulties with his defensive play.

Not that I'm under any type of delusions here, but this really reminds me of how an 18 year old Giroux was characterized, though Giroux had much more offensive dynamism even then.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
He definitely has star potential. Will he reach it, though? Hard to tell at this point.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Not that I'm under any type of delusions here, but this really reminds me of how an 18 year old Giroux was characterized, though Giroux had much more offensive dynamism even then.

I'd say 18 years old Gagné is a better comparison for Laberge than 18 years old Giroux, based on style.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I like the pick, he was projected to be a first rounder by most drafts I looked at. My only complaint about the pick is DeBrincat was a guy I really wanted, but I think he's a good looking prospect in the making.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I like the pick, he was projected to be a first rounder by most drafts I looked at. My only complaint about the pick is DeBrincat was a guy I really wanted, but I think he's a good looking prospect in the making.

DeBrincat might have had impressive goal totals but Laberge has a skill-set more suited to the NHL. I have no problem with Laberge over him. My only concern was passing up on Dahlen.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
DeBrincat might have had impressive goal totals but Laberge has a skill-set more suited to the NHL. I have no problem with Laberge over him. My only concern was passing up on Dahlen.

Yeah I don't have a problem with it I just really liked DeBrincat. LaBerge I think has the potential to be a more complete player but DeBrincat has that high end offensive potential. Whether either pans out is anyone's guess.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Laberge really excites me because he has legit dazzling puck skills and an underrated shot. Him and Konecny are probably our two most skilled forward prospects, and lord knows we need a few offensive generators.

He really does have an underrated shot. Very quick release.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad