Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

Who wins?

• Total voters

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Did Bieksa just call out Elliott Friedman for his Oilers hate and predict an Oilers win in game 1?

Dallas is a good team, but they are no 2022 Colorado Avelanche, who was one of the best teams in the cap era. Dallas is getting wildly overrated. They're good, but they aren't that good.
Dallas is going to be a good team for 10 years. Can’t imagine how good they will be in another year or 2

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McLeod looked decent when he was on with Holloway and Kane.. If Henrique returns we may have better line combos.

Everyone needs to rest up.. Hopefully they give players 2 days off to heal

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Lineup for game 1:

Kane-McDavid-Holloway
RNH-Draisaitl-Hyman
Foegele-Henrique-Janmark
Brown-Carrick-Perry

Reactions: Messrules11

NegativeNelly

Jun 23, 2016
Edmonton
I can't see how this will even be close with Skinner in net. We barely beat Vancouvers 3rd stringer and our #1 blew chunks and wasn't even tested in games 6 and 7. Shoot high glove or low blocker and you beat Skinner easily. Dallas will expose this and we are toast in 4.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I know nothing about this version of Stars..
Great goalie, 2 good Dmen, Benn is physical, and score by committee?

I can't see how this will even be close with Skinner in net. We barely beat Vancouvers 3rd stringer and our #1 blew chunks and wasn't even tested in games 6 and 7. Shoot high glove or low blocker and you beat Skinner easily. Dallas will expose this and we are toast in 4.
So basically we are playing with house money then?? :/

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
No quit. I’m glad we are here. This team isn’t a contender so getting this far is impressive. Hell with our roster I’ll be happy if we can take Dallas to 6.
Well, seeing as you picked LA and Vancouver to win, it would appear that you may have a slight bias going on.

The team is in the final four, yet they aren't a contender?

Sounds like some copium to me.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Well, seeing as you picked LA and Vancouver to win, it would appear that you may have a slight bias going on.

The team is in the final four, yet they aren't a contender?

Sounds like some copium to me.
I mean i didn’t consider either LA or Vancouver to be contenders either. And hey, team keeps proving me wrong.
I expected LA was going to be hungry and show up and they were non existent. I think I even said after game 2, it’s going to be 4-1.
I thought we were going to beat Vancouver till like game 4/5. That’s when the doubt set in.
But sure okay.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I mean i didn’t consider either LA or Vancouver to be contenders either. And hey, team keeps proving me wrong.
I expected LA was going to be hungry and show up and they were non existent. I think I even said after game 2, it’s going to be 4-1.
I thought we were going to beat Vancouver till like game 4/5. That’s when the doubt set in.
But sure okay.
I see you just chose Dallas in 4.

I gather you are also confident in that one as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know nothing about this version of Stars..
Great goalie, 2 good Dmen, Benn is physical, and score by committee?

So basically we are playing with house money then?? :/
Great goalie. Great top pair. Tanev on the second pair has been shutting down elite players all playoffs. They have physicality with guys like Benn. At any given night any of their top 3 lines can look like a legit top line.

They don’t have a McDavid or Draisaitl but they are an overwhelming team because of the depth.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
But sure okay.
I think Vancouver is a better team than generally given credit for. They did win the Pacific division and could take this series.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I see you just chose Dallas in 4.

I gather you are also confident in that one as well.
Oh no what I votes in a poll negates everything I have said. Cause polls are serious business.

I said that if McDavid has the same kind of series he just had then it’s most likely done in 4. If he gets healthy and plays like he can, we can win a few games and from there anything can happen.

I think Vancouver is a better team than generally given credit for. They did win the Pacific division and could take this series.
My thing is they played Nashville not great and were missing Demko. I didn’t expect us to play so many of those games as bad as we did though. Like Vancouver was hurt and struggling yet a few games we played like, the worst I’ve seen this team play in the playoffs. I also didn’t really think Skinner was going to be below 800 bad in the first few games either, which when that happen really made me think losing the series was possible.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Is Dallas banged up at all after their series?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Oh no what I votes in a poll negates everything I have said. Cause polls are serious business.

I said that if McDavid has the same kind of series he just had then it’s most likely done in 4. If he gets healthy and plays like he can, we can win a few games and from there anything can happen.

My thing is they played Nashville not great and were missing Demko. I didn’t expect us to play so many of those games as bad as we did though. Like Vancouver was hurt and struggling yet a few games we played like, the worst I’ve seen this team play in the playoffs. I also didn’t really think Skinner was going to be below 800 bad in the first few games either, which when that happen really made me think losing the series was possible.
The Oilers were probably out of rhythm after sitting for a week. Then Draisaitl got hurt in game one. and they sort of fell back in the series. Only the last two games they clearly outplayed the Canucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad