Pre-Game Talk: Party like it’s 1997 - Edmonton vs Dallas

Who wins?

• Total voters

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Which emotion are you feeling right now?

1649894080853.jpg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This feels so much like the Colorado series 2 years ago where we are just happy to be here and I think it’ll go pretty much the same way.

Dallas has better goaltending, deeper defence and a much deeper forward group. If McDavid plays like he did this series it’ll be a quick 4. If McDavid heals, gets better or whatever, we stand a chance to win a few games.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Did Bieksa just call out Elliott Friedman for his Oilers hate and predict an Oilers win in game 1?

This feels so much like the Colorado series 2 years ago where we are just happy to be here and I think it’ll go pretty much the same way.

Dallas has better goaltending, deeper defence and a much deeper forward group. If McDavid plays like he did this series it’ll be a quick 4. If McDavid heals, gets better or whatever, we stand a chance to win a few games.
Dallas is a good team, but they are no 2022 Colorado Avelanche, who was one of the best teams in the cap era. Dallas is getting wildly overrated. They're good, but they aren't that good.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Dallas is an excellent team, best in the league, no real weakness and are the definite favorites. But it feels nothing like 2 years ago. Team is better, more mature, have a far better coach, and just aren’t happy to be here. It will be a difficult challenge, but with a few breaks here and there it can be done.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Did Bieksa just call out Elliott Friedman for his Oilers hate and predict an Oilers win in game 1?

Dallas is a good team, but they are no 2022 Colorado Avelanche, who was one of the best teams in the cap era. Dallas is getting wildly overrated. They're good, but they aren't that good.
I know. But we are a much worse team than we were that year in the playoffs too.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Dallas is an excellent team, best in the league, no real weakness and are the definite favorites. But it feels nothing like 2 years ago. Team is better, more mature, have a far better coach, and just aren’t happy to be here. It will be a difficult challenge, but with a few breaks here and there it can be done.
We aren’t a better team at all.
We have far worse goaltending, our depth is arguably worse too.
Our 2022 team would have crushed Vancouver

Reactions: Dhockey16

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
Happy to be wrong from last round and hope to be again but see Dallas as too deep and too strong and this series had to have taken a lot out of the oilers.

Still a true fan though….

Reactions: CycloneSweep

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Overhaul the third line, please. Starts with Ryan Mcleod. I liked our fourth line's play as of late, will keep it the same for now.

GO OILERS GO

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ OILERS, TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Last edited:

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I know. But we are a much worse team than we were that year in the playoffs too.
I totally disagree. Mike Smith clearly was better than Skinner, but this team everywhere else is way more complete. The Oilers have a legitimate shot at beating Dallas. And the winner of that series probably takes the cup. Skinner is the major, major soft spot in the armour though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We aren’t a better team at all.
We have far worse goaltending, our depth is arguably worse too.
Our 2022 team would have crushed Vancouver
That makes no sense, the Oilers didn't have Ekholm then. I do think last years' team was better but I'm not writing the Oilers eulogy yet and neither should you.

Reactions: dss97 and Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yup all the quit one can muster, just dressed up as "logic"
It’s not quitting looking at the team across from us and going “yeah we are in tough here”. I’ll still be here like the rest of you being excited and infuriated back and forth all series.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
While I don’t expect to win this series, I hope we give Dallas a hell of a fight. 6 or 7 games and I’ll be happy as an Oilers fan tbh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad