TV: " Party Down " Coming Back !!!!!! ( Season 3 Debuts on February 24 - 2023 )

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I really liked the old series so I hope this new revival doesn't suck.

from deadline.com:

party-down-e1573433776872.jpg

Party Down, the comedy about a group of caterers looking to break big in Hollywood, is the latest series to get a revival.

A new version of the comedy is in the works at Starz with the original quartet of creatives, Rob Thomas, John Enbom, Paul Rudd and Dan Etheridge developing the project.

The original series ran on Starz for two seasons between 2009 and 2010 and starred Ken Marino, Adam Scott, Jane Lynch, Martin Starr, Ryan Hansen, Lizzy Caplan and Megan Mullally.

It’s not clear whether all of the cast will return to the revival, particularly given the fact that one of the reasons it ended was many of its stars such as Lynch, with Glee, and Scott, with Parks and Recreation, went on to star in bigger shows.

Full story: ‘Party Down’ Revival In The Works At Starz – Deadline

Reactions: McOilers97

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I loved the show on its initial run, but not really excited for this. It could be good, but, I'm not really eager to catch up with these characters.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that's funny as I never heard of it but recently got Starz on a cheap deal for .99 cents a month for 6 months. I just finished the first season last night, it's pretty good so far. I was a big fan of MTV's the state back in the '90's so always good to see former cast members either in Reno 911 or this or other stuff.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I enjoyed series but without Kaplan there will be hole that makes this attempt pretty pointless

The cast chemistry , writing and storylines were what made show great

Without full cast you cant replicate it IMO + most reboots after lengthy time off air have been pretty terrible/poor so this likely wont be any different

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I enjoyed series but without Kaplan there will be hole that makes this attempt pretty pointless

The cast chemistry , writing and storylines were what made show great

Without full cast you cant replicate it IMO + most reboots after lengthy time off air have been pretty terrible/poor so this likely wont be any different

I dunno...she was very good but I'm not convinced she is the linchpin in that ensemble. It really is an all-star cast returning and I wouldn't be surprised if they got some great walk-ons like they did the first time around. Remember - Curb took lots of time off too and is still great.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This show was great. I think if it does well, Caplan will come back for the next season. Conceptually, it would be pretty sad if 10 years later all the same people were doing the same shitty job, so I could see it making sense in the story.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Starts on February 24th.

from bellmedia.ca:

PTD3_303_021922_0399_a_1800x12001.jpg

STARZ announced today the long-awaited return of the hit comedy series PARTY DOWN is set to premiere on Friday, Feb. 24 at midnight on the STARZ app, all STARZ streaming and on-demand platforms and internationally on the LIONSGATE+ premium streaming platform in the UK, Brazil and Latin America. On linear, it will debut on STARZ at 9:00 PM ET/PT in the U.S. and Canada. The third season will consist of six new episodes.

Ten years later, most of the Party Down catering team have moved on, including actor/bartender Henry Pollard (Adam Scott, SEVERANCE). After a surprise reunion, the gang find themselves once again stoically enduring the procession of random parties and oddball guests all over Los Angeles.

Scott reprises his role alongside original cast members Ken Marino (THE OTHER TWO), Jane Lynch (GLEE), Martin Starr (SILICON VALLEY), Ryan Hansen (BLESS THIS MESS) and Megan Mullally (WILL & GRACE).

Previously announced new cast members joining in on the fun include Jennifer Garner (The Adam Project) Tyrel Jackson Williams (BROCKMIRE) and Zoë Chao (LOVE LIFE). James Marsden (WESTWORLD) is set to recur as a guest star.

The third season is executive produced by PARTY DOWN alumni Rob Thomas (VERONICA MARS), John Enbom (iZOMBIE), Paul Rudd (Ant-Man), Dan Etheridge (VERONICA MARS) and Adam Scott (SEVERANCE). Enbom also serves as showrunner. PARTY DOWN is produced for STARZ by Lionsgate Television.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hadn't watched in a while so rewatching series and still great to watch (Nearing end of season 1 on rewatch)

Hope the new season is as good as first 2 and that it leads to additional order.

Wish this was full 10 season and that they could at least gotten a Caplin cameo or two. Maybe if it is successful, they can get her to appear in future

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sad Lizzy Caplan is not coming back--but she has become a very popular actress since the show ended

Obviously I loved masters of sex for all the wrong reasons.

She was legit busy when they filmed the new series. She shot a movie and two mini series while this was filmed

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I randomly came across the original Party Down after watching Ken Marino and Ryan Hansen in "Burning Love".
Loved the show since I had friends who did the Hollywood catering thing for a while.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I randomly came across the original Party Down after watching Ken Marino and Ryan Hansen in "Burning Love".
Loved the show since I had friends who did the Hollywood catering thing for a while.

I had friends who did the high school student thing for a while, but I don't love every show about high school students

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Sad Lizzy Caplan is not coming back--but she has become a very popular actress since the show ended

Obviously I loved masters of sex for all the wrong reasons.

She was legit busy when they filmed the new series. She shot a movie and two mini series while this was filmed

Masters of Sex will never get the attention it deserves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad