Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I voted No because I don't think the proposal will have much discernible impact on woodchipping.

The fun thing about our draft is that we have it all before the NHL scouts have their say. Our league, as a whole, misses an NHL 1st rounder or 2 each year, but now a lucky lottery winner for the randomized 4th will nab those players.

I still think the aforementioned idea of opening the 4th to any player without NHL games is the best idea. It does make the 4th more valuable than the 3rd (this idea might too). But if you increase the # of prospects to cut for a 4th to 3 or 4, it would shorten the prospect list quickly. You could even tier the 4th and the teams that cut more prospects get a higher 4th.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I voted No because I don't think the proposal will have much discernible impact on woodchipping.

The fun thing about our draft is that we have it all before the NHL scouts have their say. Our league, as a whole, misses an NHL 1st rounder or 2 each year, but now a lucky lottery winner for the randomized 4th will nab those players.

I still think the aforementioned idea of opening the 4th to any player without NHL games is the best idea. It does make the 4th more valuable than the 3rd (this idea might too). But if you increase the # of prospects to cut for a 4th to 3 or 4, it would shorten the prospect list quickly. You could even tier the 4th and the teams that cut more prospects get a higher 4th.

^Maybe instead of 2 cut prospects = 1 4th PP.., you get a 'lotto ball' for each prospect you woodchip.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
^Maybe instead of 2 cut prospects = 1 4th PP.., you get a 'lotto ball' for each prospect you woodchip.

I think that would be the same as randomizing (or however Will does it), no? So the odds versus the other teams that woodchipped would be the same, or maybe I'm misinterpreting something... Unless you hand out bonus "lotto balls" for cutting more than 2 (ie. get a 5th lotto ball if you cut 4 prospects).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think that would be the same as randomizing (or however Will does it), no? So the odds versus the other teams that woodchipped would be the same, or maybe I'm misinterpreting something... Unless you hand out bonus "lotto balls" for cutting more than 2 (ie. get a 5th lotto ball if you cut 4 prospects).

With the current lottery everyone gets equal odds or "balls" but you have 1 pick for each 2 prospects you cut.

The bolded is pretty much my suggestion.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
One idea related to this would be to have one designated pick at the end of the first and second rounds, and the rest in the fourth round. Everyone gets one lotto ball for every prospect dumped, or we just keep the same two-for-one thing that we've had. That way there is no chance of having several picks bumping down the second and third round, but it perks up the Kanyes of the world.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
One idea related to this would be to have one designated pick at the end of the first and second rounds, and the rest in the fourth round. Everyone gets one lotto ball for every prospect dumped, or we just keep the same two-for-one thing that we've had. That way there is no chance of having several picks bumping down the second and third round, but it perks up the Kanyes of the world.

Still don't understand why we are pandering to cut prospects. If prospect over saturation is a problem because people are lazy, then just impose an age limit and be done with it. Don't reward lazy.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Still don't understand why we are pandering to cut prospects. If prospect over saturation is a problem because people are lazy, then just impose an age limit and be done with it. Don't reward lazy.
Could do. I just constantly think about the exceptions to the rule, so I liked the idea of giving the power to GMs themselves.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

How about something like a lotto ball for every prospect dump up to two or three lotto balls (or even just one) and then after that, it's the two-for-one? A couple times I was thinking about woodchipping a prospect, but cause of the two-for-one rule, I had to find one to pair with and just ended up not doing it.

Or even capping the number of prospects?

For me, it's not so much being lazy. I just always think, what if he's just a late bloomer? He could come in handy later... Total hoarder mentality, I know :laugh:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Week 10 Power Rankings:

1North KariyaE
2Flaming HorseHeadsE
3The Terrors+2
4Hamilton Slackberry-1
5Beer Chuggers-1
6Suicide Squad+2
7Flaming Wings+5