Part XIV: Phoenix Coyotes - To Infinity And Beyond....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gollybass

May 28, 2010
Only a few folks posting here are psychic, and sadly I am not one of them, so I have to rely a bit on past history and logic. Previously, the City of Glendale has approved MOUs that included provisions for up to $100 million in subsidies (via CFD), along with recourse for the owner through a guaranteed sale price and possibly an opportunity to sell outside Glendale if the CFD is not adequate. I think it is logical to assume that the new owner would expect something similar, don't you? Or do you think that Glendale has taken a harder line in negotiations with Hulsizer than he did with Reinsdorf or IEH?

I do, but stating it as a fact, as if we know exactly what M is asking for, to someone not familiar with the situation is preposterous.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I do, but stating it as a fact, as if we know exactly what M is asking for, to someone not familiar with the situation is preposterous.

Do you mean that you think that Glendale has taken a harder line with Hulsizer than with either IEH or Reinsdorf? If so, I guess he's kicking himself for waiting so long getting into the mix.

gollybass

May 28, 2010
Do you mean that you think that Glendale has taken a harder line with Hulsizer than with either IEH or Reinsdorf? If so, I guess he's kicking himself for waiting so long getting into the mix.

No what I am saying is that it is fair to assume he is asking for concessions of some sort in the form of a CFD but it is impossible for us to know exactly what he is wanting, what kind of out clause he wants, if there is one etc. But at the end of the day, we don't know anything!

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
From the Larry Brooks article on Islanders:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/islanders/bettman_must_act_to_save_sinking_tlPXRiMeKv9AagGUqYelvI

I wonder where he got the $200 million number from? The League bought the franchise for around $140 million so if losses last year were around $25 million that comes to around $165 million. Then you could add several million for legal and administrative type costs. It's still well short of $200 million unless they had greater losses or are including this years losses which are supposed to be covered by COG's escrow funds. Thoughts?

GHOST
Maybe they're including the money that was loaned to Moyes before they took control of the team. I believe they have a separate lawsuit pending for that. I'm sure someone here could tell you the amount he was loaned and how much they're suing him for.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
From the Larry Brooks article on Islanders:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/islanders/bettman_must_act_to_save_sinking_tlPXRiMeKv9AagGUqYelvI

I wonder where he got the $200 million number from? The League bought the franchise for around $140 million so if losses last year were around $25 million that comes to around $165 million. Then you could add several million for legal and administrative type costs. It's still well short of $200 million unless they had greater losses or are including this years losses which are supposed to be covered by COG's escrow funds. Thoughts?

GHOST

He is probably including the purchase price of the team.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
From a dark place on the back of his body? Especially with forbes stating losses were 20 million last year. Ah the joy of rounding millions to the hundreds !

To clarify, IMO that was a post-revenue sharing 20 million, with the losses running at roughly 38 million.

The revenue share was granted by the league (to itself essentially) despite the team not meeting the attendance requirements.

It is doubtful the Coyotes would meet revenue share attendance growth requirements this season either. The numbers in Brooks' article are entirely within the realm of possibility when the purchase price is included, IMO.

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
So, as someone thought of an imaginative title for the next edition of the Coyotes saga?

Have you done "Coyote Ugly" yet, because this has gone beyond ugly.

This Coyote is a Dog.

Wiley Waiting, interminably waiting.

There's no Yipp in this Coyote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad