Part XIV: Phoenix Coyotes - To Infinity And Beyond....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
Seems rather fitting considering that it seems like this thing is never going to end...plus the TV in my house is running Toy Story 3 on a near constant loop..

Anyhow, is there anything that suggests that Hulsizer's MOU or agreement or whatever we want to call it will be on the next agenda for the COG council meeting or is it just the waiting game?

Mod edit: Previous thread http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=829205

Last edited by a moderator:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Great title. Im sure kdb will weigh in shortly posting the body count to date, which in & of itself may take up an entire page. How long is a piece of thread?. :)

Waiting game.....

Scottrocks58*

Current talk down here amongst some STH is that there won't be a separate MOU. The league agreement and AMULA agreement will be announced at the same time and the AMULA will then be brought to the COG council for an up or down vote.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
It never ends! How many threads is that now?

Great title. Im sure kdb will weigh in shortly posting the body count to date, which in & of itself may take up an entire page. How long is a piece of thread?. :)

Waiting game.....

You rang.

Welcome back my friends to the thread that never ends ...

05-05-2009 Balsillie puts in $212.5 mil offer for the Coyotes
05-07-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part II
05-18-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part III
05-22-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part IV
06-03-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix part V
06-09-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VI
06-12-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VII: I'm just waitin' on a judge
06-16-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part VIII: It's dead, Jim
06-24-2009 Balsillie/Phoenix Part IX: 'Dorf on Hockey
07-25-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part X: The Truth? You Can't Handle The Truth!
08-03-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XI: A Fistful of Dollars?
08-07-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XII: For a Few Dollars More
08-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIII: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
08-21-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XIV: The Wrath of Baum
08-27-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XV - SITREP: SNAFU
09-02-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVI: Barbarian at the Gate
09-08-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVII: Wake Me Up When September Ends
09-10-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy/ownership Part XVIII: Is that a pale horse in the distance?
09-12-2009 Phoenix bankruptcy Part XIX: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Baum
09-21-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XX: There Will Be Baum
09-28-2009Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXI: 2009 -- A Sports Odyssey
10-26-2009 Phoenix Bankruptcy Part XXII: Long and winding road

11-24-2009 Keeping up with potential owners for NHL Phoenix Coyotes (UPD: Ice Edge signs LOI)
03-14-2010 Part II. Potential owners of NHL's Phoenix Coyotes
03-26-2010 Part III. Prospective Owners - Phoenix Coyotes (UPD Lease vote 4/13; IEH signs MOU)
04-10-2010 Part IV Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy; UPD COG approves Reinsdorf MOU, not IEH MOU
05-02-2010 Part V Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy UPD Reinsdorf out? IEH back in? else Winnipeg?
05-11-2010 Part VI Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy
05-23-2010 Part VII Phoenix Coyotes post bankrtuptcy
06-07-2010 Part VIII: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankrtuptcy
06-22-2010 Part IX: Phoenix Coyotes Post-bankruptcy UPD: Pres Moss fired 6/30 with IEH input
07-26-2010 Part X: Phoenix Coyotes - Between Scylla and Charybdis
08-27-2010 Part XI: Phoenix Coyotes -- Greetings, Starfighter, You have been selected ...
09-16-2010 Part XII: Phx Coyotes - Still haven't found what I'm looking for
10-12-2010 Part XIII: Phoenix Coyotes - The Final Cut?
10-27-2010 Part XIV: Phoenix Coyotes - To Infinity And Beyond....

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
But but but...Toy Story 3 hasn't been released on DVD yet.

Maybe not "officially" ;)

I watched "how to train your dragon (yes I have kids)" 1 month after it came out in theatre-someone lent me a copy of the movie.

I didn't pay too much attention at that moment-but a couple of days later I saw it was still playing in theatres....and I'm like "ah, okay."

I also know someone who works at a governnment run "visitor centre' (kids under CAS care) they regularly were showing movies on DVD that were barely 3 weeks old in the theatre!

As for the Yotes-I hope they pick up their play soon :)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Current talk down here amongst some STH is that there won't be a separate MOU. The league agreement and AMULA agreement will be announced at the same time and the AMULA will then be brought to the COG council for an up or down vote.

I rather suspected as much. I dont think theirs' any legal obligation to present an MOU nor LOI to the COG unless its' a bid, this being beyond the bidding stages, an exclusive offer. Is it possible the only reason its being delayed relates to the November elections, whereby the COG wants to delay the vote until after the 2 seats are determined in order to gauge the mood of the electorate?. Or conversely why not hold a vote prior to the run-offs'?. It would appear the 2 Council members currently in office would vote in favor of a new AMULA, thereafter if they lose, it could become a fractious & polarizing issue if newly elected officials take opposite positions, the voters having spoken, the rest of Council taking note & possibly deciding to cut bait?.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I rather suspected as much. I dont think theirs' any legal obligation to present an MOU nor LOI to the COG unless its' a bid, this being beyond the bidding stages, an exclusive offer. Is it possible the only reason its being delayed relates to the November elections, whereby the COG wants to delay the vote until after the 2 seats are determined in order to gauge the mood of the electorate?. Or conversely why not hold a vote prior to the run-offs'?. It would appear the 2 Council members currently in office would vote in favor of a new AMULA, thereafter if they lose, it could become a fractious & polarizing issue if newly elected officials take opposite positions, the voters having spoken, the rest of Council taking note & possibly deciding to cut bait?.

If an MOU is unnecessary, why'd they bother in the past?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
If an MOU is unnecessary, why'd they bother in the past?

I dont pretend to understand the procedural mechanisms pursuant to this matter from a legal perspective. But I would assume (correct me if wrong) the COG could by-pass that stage, going straight to & voting on an AMULA instead. That being said, it could well be that an MOU is required. Perhaps one of the Lawyers or more knowledgeable Posters could clarify?.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
With nobody interested in the franchise, a primary motivation for an MOU (to exclude other potentials) is removed.

I asked for a "knowlegeable Poster" Dado. :naughty:

Your expertise is more David Lynch, the Coen Brothers, John Waters.... I'll take your word for it though. :laugh:

Dado

Your expertise is more David Lynch, the Coen Brothers, John Waters.... I'll take your word for it though. :laugh:

It's interesting how people's perceptions of others are formed in the absence of verifiable information.

That's all I'm gonna say about that. :)

Fidel Astro

Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
www.witchpolice.com
Is it possible the only reason its being delayed relates to the November elections, whereby the COG wants to delay the vote until after the 2 seats are determined in order to gauge the mood of the electorate?. Or conversely why not hold a vote prior to the run-offs'?. It would appear the 2 Council members currently in office would vote in favor of a new AMULA, thereafter if they lose, it could become a fractious & polarizing issue if newly elected officials take opposite positions, the voters having spoken, the rest of Council taking note & possibly deciding to cut bait?.

It would be great if this happened, but from all reports, voters are too apathetic down there to give a damn about the issue either way.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I that going directly for an AMULA approval instead approving an MOU first might save some time, I suppose. In any case, as far as I understand the routine from before, they will have to post the document publicly before the council meeting so that the public has been "consulted".

I can't think of a good reason politically to address this at council before the election. Waiting until they have already gone through the election would give them a dose of courage (assuming they are re-elected). It seems that the Glendale reporters that have been covering the Coyotes situation have forgotten the phone number for the two councilors up for election, or aren't very curious about their position on things such as the $25 million escrow. So why wouldn't the politicians want to let sleeping dogs ("Yotes"?) lie until the election blows over? ;)

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I am curious how many of the Coyotes hopefuls who post here actually live in Glendale? I would guess none which kind of renders their opinion irrelevant and self serving when it comes to subsidies and debt.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
By the way, I had a chance to catch the interview with the IEH folks. They don't seem to be involved much at all now, and certainly not as minority investors. I loved the line from LeBlanc: "now we'll serve at the leisure of Mr. Hulsizer", or something to that effect. Really? I mean, really?!?

Scottrocks58*

By the way, I had a chance to catch the interview with the IEH folks. They don't seem to be involved much at all now, and certainly not as minority investors. I loved the line from LeBlanc: "now we'll serve at the leisure of Mr. Hulsizer", or something to that effect. Really? I mean, really?!?

I would still like to know what IEH's game really is.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
I that going directly for an AMULA approval instead approving an MOU first might save some time, I suppose. In any case, as far as I understand the routine from before, they will have to post the document publicly before the council meeting so that the public has been "consulted".

I smell a winner here. They're skipping the public release of the MOU because that could actually motivate some constituents to be upset and do something about it, especially with an election coming up. So they'll release the full AMULA in all of its 965 page glory 24 hours before it's approved at a council meeting so that no one has a hope in hell of actually reading or understanding the thing, thus removing any well-informed rebuttal or questioning at the next council meeting.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I would still like to know what IEH's game really is.

I think the operative word is was, not is, isnt it?. :naughty:

I think their intentions were sincere, a bit of a Moonshot as they were clearly financially challenged, but no, I dont prescribe to any conspiracy theories about them. Not anymore that is. :naughty::laugh:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'm a little confused by then whole skipping the MOU to save time notion. Wouldn't it be a far greater waste of time to negotiate every fine detail of a lease only to have it rejected by the COG then rework a new lease rather than haev a MOU rejected and rework a new MOU that's acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad