Part VI Phoenix Coyotes post bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Winnipeg doesn't deserve a team any more than Seattle, Quebec, Houston or Panama does.

Of all the arguments for relocating this is the dumbest. It's driven solely by emotion and bias.

I guess I phrased it wrong. Winnipeg has an arena and potential owners. Its in the heartland of Canada where hockey is everything. If you believe having hockey in south florida, atlanta is better than I don't know what to say.

Tafkak

Feb 2, 2005
Novi, MI.
I guess I phrased it wrong. Winnipeg has an arena and potential owners. Its in the heartland of Canada where hockey is everything. If you believe having hockey in south florida, atlanta is better than I don't know what to say.

But yet when almost any of those teams in Canada (excluding Toronto/Montreal) has a few down years, the fans stop attending. Should we move one of the Canadian teams when that happens?

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
So to summarize the last couple of weeks.

1 - Canadians up and decide that the Coyotes are moving to Phoenix, using heresay, conjecture, and jetsowner.com as substitutes for actual reports, statements from the league, statements from the Winnipeg group, or anything else rooted in fact.
2 - Team does not come to Winnipeg.
3 - "BETTMAN BAD MAN! PHOENIX NO DESERVE HOCKEY! :cry:"

You guys did it to yourselves. Sure things might have been looking favourable, but the people who are all furious over this are the same ones who took the ounce of hope, ran like hell with it, and never looked back.

What have you learned?

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
unanimous vote for - goldwater will most likely start their lawsuit tomorrow to force a reversal

DouX

Keeping Arizona Icy
Mar 5, 2008
Scottsdale
The Arizona media needs to get behind this team as well. i think they did a good job at the end of the season, but we need more of that all season long. And also the motion carried, all council members voted, "aye". Now lets find us an owner.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
http://twitter.com/bkives

bkives

#glendale Vote is unanimous. Fans cheer. That's it, folks. Read the paper tomorrow for my stuff and a good column on this by Lawless. half a minute ago via web

#glendale Unanimous vote coming soon ... 5 minutes ago via web

#glendale Mayor Scruggs says she'll be strung up no matter what she does. 17 minutes ago via web

#glendale Vote coming in minutes.

http://twitter.com/brahmresnik

brahmresnik

1. Council votes 7-nil to cover Coyotes losses up to 25M. Fans howl. (Really) Daly, Kaites coming to talk. 3 minutes ago via txt

North

Jun 25, 2009
Lovely. Winnipeg has already lost a team. They have nothing to lose. Wishing failure on them is pointless, but I wouldn't be so sure Phoenix will have a team in 5 years if Reinsdorf buys the team.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
I feel badly for fans in both Phoenix and Winnipeg. It wasn't over last night, it's not over tonight and it won't be over tomorrow. These people can't manage their way out of a wet paper bag. Plenty of soap opera left in this mess.

North

Jun 25, 2009
But yet when almost any of those teams in Canada (excluding Toronto/Montreal) has a few down years, the fans stop attending. Should we move one of the Canadian teams when that happens?

When has Phoenix had an up year? Every year has been a down year.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010

I guarantee you if Atlanta or Florida are 7-10th spot you would get barely any sellouts excluding the playoffs. In Winnipeg you would sell out every game.

CanadaRules*

The Arizona media needs to get behind this team as well. i think they did a good job at the end of the season, but we need more of that all season long. And also the motion carried, all council members voted, "aye". Now lets find us an owner.

Phoenix and the NHL have had over a year to find an owner and they haven't been able to yet. Who's going to want to own a franchise that has lost money every single year since moving, and reportedly $25 million last season alone. Only a dumb business man would buy the Coyotes and keep them in Phoenix.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I'll be interested too see who winds up with the team. Ice Edge or Reinsdorf. If it's the former, I'm going to be REALLY interested too see how they hold it all together.

North

Jun 25, 2009
i find it funny how Winnipeg fans basically got the results they were expecting, but now seem surprised by it.

Of course it was the expected result, doesn't mean they can't be disappointed about it.

Isles4ever11

Apr 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
www.twitter.com
I'm happy that Phoenix will still have its team for another year, but are we going to have to deal with this again next year?

Seems unfair to everyone involved - the fans in Phoenix and Winnipeg and more importantly the players and front office staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad