News Article: Part of Voracek's interview on the Flyers.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do you defend everything?
You confuse "defend" with "explain."

I'm an economic policy historian, I'm more interested in why things happen than making value judgments.

I don't think historians should beat their opinions into their readers, if you have respect for your audience, you allow them to draw their own conclusions.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Jake is also on record as saying Berube is the best coach he's ever had, so it's not like he always trashes former Flyer coaches.

AV sucked the life out of this team after a good start; it's not hard to see that he was a major problem.
Berube wasn't a bad coach. He made infuriating decisions at times, but the roster he had was really badly constructed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You confuse "defend" with "explain."

I'm an economic policy historian, I'm more interested in why things happen than making value judgments.

I don't think historians should beat their opinions into their readers, if you have respect for your audience, you allow them to draw their own conclusions.

This is not in the spirit of the Bolshevik Revolution, comrade.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Berube wasn't a bad coach. He made infuriating decisions at times, but the roster he had was really badly constructed.

Eh. In Philadelphia he was indeed a bad coach. He was in over his head. He had minimal HC experience and wasn't ready. Even with a badly flawed roster his decisions were so bad that even the Philly media was savaging him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Eh. In Philadelphia he was indeed a bad coach. He was in over his head. He had minimal HC experience and wasn't ready. Even with a badly flawed roster his decisions were so bad that even the Philly media was savaging him.
Yep, and everyone was thrilled he was fired. He was awful here, even considering the quality of the roster, and winning a cup later on doesn't change that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yep, and everyone was thrilled he was fired. He was awful here, even considering the quality of the roster, and winning a cup later on doesn't change that.

And it's great for him that he learned and improved, but he was like not going to have the space to do that without being fired, moved to a real organization, and given a lower role for a minute

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Revolution ate its young, as always.
That's why I'm a conservative (in the Burkean sense, not the distorted fashion the term is used by 21st century media).
I never would have taken you for a self-described conservative, even in the Burkean sense. Interesting. I would have been considered liberal 20 years ago, but haven't agreed (and increasingly so) with the direction of the party. I basically seem to agree with Glenn Greenwald on everything.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Simple translation. AV and Flutch handed Hayes the keys. Everyone else got left behind. New team, new leadership. Friendship and comradeship over skill!!

Jake giving Flutch a pass was politeness imo. This was telegraphed from day 1of the Hayes Hayday and all Flutch's moves from that signing point to X. Hell, even JVR had to go before the all too vocal Jake did

Also, we know for a fact Flutch and AV collaborated on every move, they admitted it

Good on Jake for being diplomatic to an extent, but he should have unleashed hell on the Dumb and Dumber tandem

Gives Flutch a pass and then the idiot doubles down on Risto. Bless your heart Jake for trying to spare the fans of more of a shit storm

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Simple translation. AV and Flutch handed Hayes the keys. Everyone else got left behind. New team, new leadership. Friendship and comradeship over skill!!

Jake giving Flutch a pass was politeness imo. This was telegraphed from day 1of the Hayes Hayday and all Flutch's moves from that signing point to X. Hell, even JVR had to go before the all too vocal Jake did

Also, we know for a fact Flutch and AV collaborated on every move, they admitted it

Good on Jake for being diplomatic to an extent, but he should have unleashed hell on the Dumb and Dumber tandem

Gives Flutch a pass and then the idiot doubles down on Risto. Bless your heart Jake for trying to spare the fans of more of a shit storm
You really think Jake hated Fletcher but said he had a really good relationship with him just to be diplomatic? Jake's an honest guy. He said it in an article where he was quite willing to criticize his coach.

Everyone who deals with Fletcher respects him. If you don't like him as a GM, fine, but separate issue. You can dislike him as a GM while also acknowledging he treats people well.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
You really think Jake hated Fletcher but said he had a really good relationship with him just to be diplomatic? Jake's an honest guy. He said it in an article where he was quite willing to criticize his coach.

Everyone who deals with Fletcher respects him. If you don't like him as a GM, fine, but separate issue. You can dislike him as a GM while also acknowledging he treats people well.

Ya i do. I think cuz Jake liked Flatch as a person he didn't rip him.. How many times did AV reference Fluntch and "their decisions".

You really think Captain Marmaduke was aquired at that pricetag without AV's input? Then all Hayes super buddies to follow like the greatest athlete of all time...Yandle?

Funch even calling out G in a presser?
Ya, i do think Jake bit his tongue a bit there

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Remember when that smug f***face was introduced and acted all high and mighty about how the young players he didnt like never went on to amount to much.

The staff that was supposed to be developing these guys consisted of Chris Stewart, Nick Schultz, AV, Scott Gordon, Ian Laperriere.
Was JT Miller in this group?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad