(Part II) Which of these teams is most likely to make a nice playoff run next season?

Which of these teams will go deepest in the playoffs next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Last edited:

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I’m not that impressed with Winnipeg, some of their top forwards are extremely weak defensively, and their dcore itself is among the worst in the league. Hellebuyck is an elite goalie and he masks a lot of weaknesses on the team.

I don’t see them making a deep run, but they’re the best team listed so I voted for Winnipeg

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Same, I don't see any of the teams mentioned making the playoffs. Winnipeg has a chance but their division is going to be tough.

Winnipeg is in that purgatory zone.

Not good enough to win a cup.

Not bad enough to get top picks.

Just an average team stuck in the middle.

I honestly see attendance and tv ratings taking a hit in that market. The signs are already there.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Winnipeg is the best team here, but they're in a deep division and I don't know if they'll make the playoffs next year. Probably one of the Pacific teams both because of it being easier to make the playoffs and more chance to play one another. Calgary probably has the highest ceiling then.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I feel like this thread should have been made after free agency, jets have alot of cap space with their core already signed to upgrade their defense thru trade/free agency

Reactions: Morrison

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Too soon to say until free agency plays out but as we’ve seen every year there are non playoff teams that make big steps in a year.
I think Ottawa is poised to take a step but probably not a playoff team. The Jets could take a big step if they make the right moves and obviously are currently the best team.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Look at what Ottawa did in the back half of the season. Now add in continued growth of guys like Stutzle, Tkachuk, Batherson, Norris, Brannstrom etc.

I think they would be a tough opponent if they are able to sneak into the playoffs.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The question isn't who is the best team, it's who's most likely to win a playoff round. The answer imo is clearly Calgary. I can definitely see the argument for Winnipeg being better, but the Central is tougher than the Pacific. After Vegas, it's just a bunch of question marks in terms of who is going to make the second round (and someone has to do it)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Same, I don't see any of the teams mentioned making the playoffs. Winnipeg has a chance but their division is going to be tough.

It's kind of a weird group of options where the Jets made the 2nd Round and the other 7 didn't even make the Playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad