(Part 2) The Draft is Upon Us; 11th or...wait make that 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers would be smart to trade up because they have a lot of picks and there are a few first round talents still there. I'm sure there are other teams looking for more prospects to put in their system where as the Flyers already have a strong prospect poll and a very young roster as is.
Depends on philsophy and what Fletcher and Flahr think of the current prospects we have. New GMs may want a line of prospects that are theirs. It's why I felt Fletcher might find more trade value in prospects and draft picks.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

4O2Qgj3.jpg

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
You said it was bad asset management. It was not. If you are just talking who they should have picked that is different. I wanted Caufield at that point. But this kid has the potential to be a top pairing defenseman. And the people who do this for a living had him anywhere between 10-20. So 14 isn’t outlandish. Tsn at 18.

Yeah, I did.

Top 10 offensive talent (per McKenzie's scouts) in a very good year for forwards >>>>> 6th Dman (per McKenzie's scouts) in a so-so year for defenders + #45

= bad asset management

Just my opinion. Feel free to have another one.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I wish we had been able to do that Marleau deal.

But we couldn't because cap space isn't a tangible or useful commodity so it's a good thing we drop ours so casually.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, I did.

Top 10 offensive talent (per McKenzie's scouts) in a very good year for forwards >>>>> 6th Dman (per McKenzie's scouts) in a so-so year for defenders + #45

= bad asset management

Just my opinion. Feel free to have another one.
To me asset management means he didn’t get enough value trading down 3 picks. Not who they actually chose. That’s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad