GDT: Part 2 Bruins VS Blackhawks

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game. For those driving in Southern NH beware of black ice.

The Bergy line looked excellent. Marchy working hard every shift.

Looch looked great late in the second and in the third.

The Hawks net minder was huge and played very well.

Krug and Trotman ...Not a good pairing.

Lots of Chicago fans there tonight.

Nice to see Kate and Joe....and Dan and Julia .

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I don't have anything against Morrow, so I don't intend on making it a Thisguy vs. Thatguy conversation. Obviously, Morrow's ceiling is much higher.

It's more howver that Bartkowski has been GOOD. And we specifically mentioned "since coming back from his benching". Which was nine games, three points and a +3 rating while skating an average of 20 min/night. He was playing substantially stronger than your Dave Tanabe comparison.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Tanabe looked decent sometimes too, which is why he ended up on a few teams before teams finally realized he was too inconsistent to be a trustworthy defenseman.

Bart has not been consistent which is why he is one of first out of the lineup when the team is healthy.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Tanabe looked decent sometimes too, which is why he ended up on a few teams before teams finally realized he was too inconsistent to be a trustworthy defenseman.

Bart has not been consistent which is why he is one of first out of the lineup when the team is healthy.

So you take him out when he starts showing some consistency? Makes absolutely zero sense to me, sorry.

As MMB said, he's done enough to deserve to play his way out of the lineup.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
So you take him out when he starts showing some consistency? Makes absolutely zero sense to me, sorry.

As MMB said, he's done enough to deserve to play his way out of the lineup.

Well obviously the coach feels this way which is why he is out of the lineup. Maybe we need a coaching change that knows how good Bart is?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
not enough high end talent. not enough depth to cover for that. this team is bad.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Well obviously the coach feels this way which is why he is out of the lineup. Maybe we need a coaching change that knows how good Bart is?

Well I see this discussion is going nowhere.

Past my bedtime anyways.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I thought Bergeron had a strong game. Great night on faceoffs, spent a huge amount of time as the only forward on the 5 on 3 PK and had a great clear. On the goal, he won the battle along the boards without his stick. And I could swear I saw him pushing someone (Eriksson?) with his stick to get back on defense. Wish I could remember when that was.

Someone needs to have Lucic watch old tapes of neely and lindros. If he had that kind of attitude every night, he'd be unstoppable. If he had it in the first and second period, we might have gotten a point or two tonight. It was kind of funny to see little Krug standing up for him. And Kelly. Wow, he was pretty ticked off. Good for him.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I get all on Trotman but you must be blind not to see Krug blows too.

Well Krug has already shown he can be a 40+ point 3rd pairing defender on a good team. Trotman is a year older and has a far less impressive pedigree and skillset. Deflecting blame. At the end of the day I don't think he's an NHL defenseman.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
So just went back and had a look, CC nearly scored a goal to tie it then gets benched the rest of the game. Oh Clode you lil joker you.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just in from the game. For those driving in Southern NH beware of black ice.

The Bergy line looked excellent. Marchy working hard every shift.

Looch looked great late in the second and in the third.

The Hawks net minder was huge and played very well.

Krug and Trotman ...Not a good pairing.

Lots of Chicago fans there tonight.

Nice to see Kate and Joe....and Dan and Julia .

that may be one of the best games Marchand played- he was in the zone

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Hah, Julien and Seidenberg's comments after the game have rustled more than a few jimmies in Chicago. :laugh:

They aren't wrong. I don't even think it was truly a penalty, but the result that earned the call. BUt that's me, and I prefer the game to be physical.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Were currently in 11th place in the East in Point Percentage were on pace for 87 points

This team needs to go on a run soon were fading fast this team is way too talented even with the injuries we've had to be in 11th place right now totally unacceptable Wake Up Chiarelli this team needs a shake up desperately

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

But Trotman has been? Consistently bad maybe?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruins are 4-10-1 against teams currently in the playoff picture

11-3-0 against teams not in the playoff picture

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why wasn't it a penalty ?
What about Randy Jones on Patrice Bergeron ?

One was borderline boarding (Seidenberg) where he mainly just outmuscled the other player and the result turns it into boarding (Toews' awkward fall into the boards). The other....

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
It was boarding.. when make contact with a player that is 3 feet off the boards and their back is turned to you and you drive that person into the boards resulting in a potentially dangerous collision with boards is EXACTLY what boarding is and how they call it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Why is no one discussing their circumvention of the concussion protocol afte Toews was hit.? He was right back out there to take the draw to odeon their pp and then he got the penalty.

They did the same thing in the 2013 SCF.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why is no one discussing their circumvention of the concussion protocol afte Toews was hit.? He was right back out there to take the draw to odeon their pp and then he got the penalty.

They did the same thing in the 2013 SCF.

Chicago needs to get in trouble for that in some way, just flat out stupid.

By the way, I loved Kelly's role in the 'brawl'. Great leadership there, he did the Andy Ference/Marc Savard thing there that we miss nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad