GDT: Part 2 Bruins VS Blackhawks

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Oh, and I haven't read the thread, but Haggerty reported via Twitter that the NHL looked at the Seidenberg hit and there will be no discipline.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Right. Of course Chara having a groin injury so severe he was having trouble turning had nothing to do with that. It was just great coaching.

There are times when hockey players are too stoic for their own good. That Chara just missed a significant stretch of games for the first time in his career speaks volumes, and it doesn't mean he's been lucky.

Is it possible that it was both?

It WAS great coaching. Identify a weakness, and exploit it. The Bruins fought for their lives, but Quenville outcoached Julien in that series. Nothing wrong with saying so.

Regarding Chara last night, I wasn't expecting much more than what we got from him. Rust is to be expected, and will take a while for him to get back to where he was pre-injury. IMO, pre-injury 2014 isn't the same Chara, which again, is to be expected for a guy teetering on 38 regardless of his physical freak of nature status.

Said it already, but really disappointed in his ToI last night. Too much, too soon.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
It will get us:

1.) Maybe a draft pick 4-7 range.

2.) Cap space

3.) Open up a spot for a more deserving player

I see three valuable things right there. Even two if we don't get a draft pick.

I wonder if he would clear waivers. :naughty:

I would prefer it if both Campbell and Kelly were gone by the all-star break.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bruins were able to hang in and get two goals because the Blackhawks started playing not to lose and sat in their lead. They weren't nearly as aggressive after scoring their third goal as they were earlier in the game. The. Ruins brought some pressure and scored two goals then the Hawks turned their defense back up a notch.

This game should be a bright neon sign to the FO that this team has holes and it isn't just the Krejci hole. This team as consitituted will be lucky to make the playoffs and will make a quick exit. Krejci will make things better but this team needs more. And they can't wait until the deadline to figure out that more and move then. Also, getting players to waive NTCs to come here this year will be nigh to impossible. A player just has to look at this team to realize they are struggling.

iGetCarried*

I wonder if he would clear waivers. :naughty:

I would prefer it if both Campbell and Kelly were gone by the all-star break.

As would i. Only problem is that Kelly isn't going anywhere until his contract is up. Campbell is at least movable to any team. That'd be 4.8 million dollars in cap freed up though :(

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Is it possible that it was both?

It WAS great coaching. Identify a weakness, and exploit it. The Bruins fought for their lives, but Quenville outcoached Julien in that series. Nothing wrong with saying so.

Regarding Chara last night, I wasn't expecting much more than what we got from him. Rust is to be expected, and will take a while for him to get back to where he was pre-injury. IMO, pre-injury 2014 isn't the same Chara, which again, is to be expected for a guy teetering on 38 regardless of his physical freak of nature status.

Said it already, but really disappointed in his ToI last night. Too much, too soon.

Sure, I agree that exploiting a weakness is good strategy, but to ignore the role Chara's injury played in it is annoying.

Of course Chara would never admit he was hurt, and his coach/teammates aren't going to defend him by stating it, because that's what hockey players do. If Bergeron hadn't been hospitalized during that series, we probably wouldn't have heard much about his injuries either. These guys are the proverbial Spartan boys. It's admirable but at the same time irritating.

Arthur*

I never had a problem with Hawks fans, even during the finals. They always seemed to be level headed people above trolling, but reading the Seidenberg/Toews thread on the main board is really making me change my mind on them.

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Did anyone happen to see a group of 6 or so really drunk guys from Canada.. they appeared to me making trouble all over the building.. I think they were there to see a Bruin player... slicked hair, skinny jeans, flannel shirts, puffy coats, etc.

I saw one kid almost get into a fight with a handicap guy that had braces on his leg.. he yelled at the guy "Get back in the elevator, you peasant.. Welcome to Canada, *****"

then they were getting into it with security.. one guy had a Campbell jeresy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
How angry was Julien at that point?

I never get the Marchand hate. Even when he is 'off' he is doing more than 75% of the rest of the team.

The coach was standing on the bench looking like his head would explode. :laugh:

I could never hate Marchy. The kid is so skilled and has some great moves. Bergy loves playing with him. He has backed off on many of his antics. Brad just makes me laugh.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I am happy Bergeron seems to be getting back to his old self. Won 73% of his face-offs last night. Still not the Bergy we know and love, but getting there. I think something happened in that Detroit game. Too huge of drop in production and play for it to just be a cold streak.

Marchand has been our best player since he potted that OT goal against Buffalo, IMO. Battles consistently every night. He has 3g 3a in the last 5 games and he's a +7, leading the team. Bergy and Smith are both at 0. I would not ever consider trading him, but part of me wants to see him on an offensive team. Kid could pot 30 every year no problem.

I wonder, and I know Clode won't do it, but if we're still struggling for scoring after Krejci returns if he might Marchy on Krejci's wing. Seems like a pretty surefire way to get a couple goals. Can Looch play right? Maybe then you could call up Pasta again and try Smith-Bergy-Pasta. I don't know. I'm just sick of our anemic offense.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am happy Bergeron seems to be getting back to his old self. Won 73% of his face-offs last night. Still not the Bergy we know and love, but getting there. I think something happened in that Detroit game. Too huge of drop in production and play for it to just be a cold streak.

Marchand has been our best player since he potted that OT goal against Buffalo, IMO. Battles consistently every night. He has 3g 3a in the last 5 games and he's a +7, leading the team. Bergy and Smith are both at 0. I would not ever consider trading him, but part of me wants to see him on an offensive team. Kid could pot 30 every year no problem.

I wonder, and I know Clode won't do it, but if we're still struggling for scoring after Krejci returns if he might Marchy on Krejci's wing. Seems like a pretty surefire way to get a couple goals. Can Looch play right? Maybe then you could call up Pasta again and try Smith-Bergy-Pasta. I don't know. I'm just sick of our anemic offense.

The Bergy line looked good all game. I don't think they want to split Bergy and Marchy. Why break something that works ?

The B's need to find a top line scoring Winger....soon

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I never had a problem with Hawks fans, even during the finals. They always seemed to be level headed people above trolling, but reading the Seidenberg/Toews thread on the main board is really making me change my mind on them.

Main board? Take it with a slab of salt. Every fan base has a handful of nutcases, and I think most of them post there.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I was in Vancouver for game 5 of the cup finals. Vancouver fans are legitimately the worst for me, and it's not close.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I was in Vancouver for game 5 of the cup finals. Vancouver fans are legitimately the worst for me, and it's not close.

I went to game 2 there and it was beyond bad....standing on a corner and got whacked by a fan in a jersey and then he runs away...cop standing right there and did nothing...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I went to game 2 there and it was beyond bad....standing on a corner and got whacked by a fan in a jersey and then he runs away...cop standing right there and did nothing...

Yeah man, it was brutal. We were there for UFC 131 but decided to go down a day early to catch the game and the atmosphere thinking it would be fun, but it was brutal. Guys tossing drinks as we were walking by, guys trying to fight us because we were wearing Bruins jerseys. There was a guy who was probably mid 30's and he had a kid who was younger than 10 and they were being harrassed as they were walking through the crowds. He told me that someone took his kids hat and tossed it and they never found it. Just disgusting crap like that. I had an extra hat so i gave it to the kid and he was so happy, haha.

At the end of the day it's a game, we can't control who wins or loses or what happens on the ice. Some people are just huge pieces of ****. I know a lot of good Canuck fans though, but to me, they're the worst fanbase as a whole in hockey, and it's not close. I'd take a Habs fan 9/10 times before i'd take a Vancouver fan.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It's really the worst of the worst there.

Main board? Take it with a slab of salt. Every fan base has a handful of nutcases, and I think most of them post there.

I didn't post here for awhile..prob close to a year and then the Thornton-Orpick incident happened.. stupidly I went on the main board.. the amount of knuckle dragging/butt hurt happening in that thread was ridiculous.. It was Bruins fans vs Pens/Habs/Nucks and a few leaf fans.. the only fan base that I loved after that incident was the Senators fans.. I think everyone involved got like 3 infractions.. basically.. eff the main board never go there for anything unless you want to take a break from this place and go out in a blaze.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Yeah man, it was brutal. We were there for UFC 131 but decided to go down a day early to catch the game and the atmosphere thinking it would be fun, but it was brutal. Guys tossing drinks as we were walking by, guys trying to fight us because we were wearing Bruins jerseys. There was a guy who was probably mid 30's and he had a kid who was younger than 10 and they were being harrassed as they were walking through the crowds. He told me that someone took his kids hat and tossed it and they never found it. Just disgusting crap like that. I had an extra hat so i gave it to the kid and he was so happy, haha.

At the end of the day it's a game, we can't control who wins or loses or what happens on the ice. Some people are just huge pieces of ****. I know a lot of good Canuck fans though, but to me, they're the worst fanbase as a whole in hockey, and it's not close. I'd take a Habs fan 9/10 times before i'd take a Vancouver fan.

I'm in banking as was with others from work who were canuck fans and they were great...I was just standing there waiting for them when I got hit...stupid cop just standing there and I asked him if he was going to do anything; he just smiled at me...ahole

It was brutal...obscenities...taunting....I thought about going to game 7 but decided not to...I still regret that decision but maybe it was for the best

I love visiting Vancouver and wear my Bruins stuff now...:laugh:

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Let me sum up this thread. Bruins beaten by better team. Chicago didn't play their best. Bruins are without krecji. Chara is rusty and will contribute more as time goes on. but Chicago is better.

BlackNgold 84

Known Kellyist
Nov 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm in banking as was with others from work who were canuck fans and they were great...I was just standing there waiting for them when I got hit...stupid cop just standing there and I asked him if he was going to do anything; he just smiled at me...ahole

It was brutal...obscenities...taunting....I thought about going to game 7 but decided not to...I still regret that decision but maybe it was for the best

I love visiting Vancouver and wear my Bruins stuff now...:laugh:

And that attitude from that cop i'm sure is just a little slice of the reality that led to the riots out there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Oh, and I haven't read the thread, but Haggerty reported via Twitter that the NHL looked at the Seidenberg hit and there will be no discipline.

good, nor should there be. Just another case of a player in this day and age who appear comfortable opening themselves up to a dangerous injury by turning their back before a hit comes, or seeing a player and not protecting themselves for the sake of trying to draw a penalty

Sorry, I really like Toews, as one of the smartest players in the game, that was plain old dumb

What really bothered me was him remaining on the ice, on the PP after dragging his arse to get up

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
good, nor should there be. Just another case of a player in this day and age who appear comfortable opening themselves up to a dangerous injury by turning their back before a hit comes, or seeing a player and not protecting themselves for the sake of trying to draw a penalty

Sorry, I really like Toews, as one of the smartest players in the game, that was plain old dumb

What really bothered me was him remaining on the ice, on the PP after dragging his arse to get up

See this sentiment a lot and I don't get it.

What's bothersome about that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad