Confirmed with Link: Parker Ford 2 year elc

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Shit they teach mental toughness there, maybe we can sneak some Jets into their program for a bit

Yep.

Time to send the Jets back to school.

So if Parker was drafted in 2020, is the the 2021 model?

Appreciate @mazmin's notes on PF being an overage steal in the draft -- will be interesting to see how he slots in on the Meese.

1679930265039.png

1679930275698.png

Reactions: Luc Labelle

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Fun Fact!

Sex in the city Sarah Jesica Parker owns and drives a 1976 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon!

Edit….. I tell you about this as I never heard of this Parker Ford guy!

I hope he turns out better than Nathan Smith college free agent to be that we traded to Arizona b4 we were going to loss him!

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Fun Fact!

Sex in the city Sarah Jesica Parker owns and drives a 1976 Ford Country Squire Station Wagon!

Edit….. I tell you about this as I never heard of this Parker Ford guy!

I hope he turns out better than Nathan Smith college free agent to be that we traded to Arizona b4 we were going to loss him!

Well, Tanev is the ideal comparison, they both went to the same school and from the very little I've read about Ford, he could be in that type of mould. We'll see.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Well, Tanev is the ideal comparison, they both went to the same school and from the very little I've read about Ford, he could be in that type of mould. We'll see.
Let’s not compare adult sized Tanev to mini Parker!?

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
CJ Seuss was drafted by the Jets in the later rounds and played 4 years in college having a very good college stats. In his final year He captained Mankato to be one of the top teams in the country with 43 points in 40 games.

He was listed as a top 10 finalist for the Hobey baker for best hockey collegiate player in 2018. Many posters on Wpg jets HFb were concerned he may opt to go UFA on the Jets Aug 15 th instead of signing with the jets after his final year of college.( aka Wheeler / Schultz /),

He signed with the Jets and after 4 years with the Moose and 4 games with the Jets he went uFA on the Jets and signed with the San Jose. Sharks. He has played 2 years with the Baracudas and 1 game with the Sharks.

In the same time periord we poached our leading scorer on the Moose this year as a uFA from the Baracuda. (Limgones) after he had a decent college career and a decent stint with the Baracuda.

So if everything works out great with this signing we have about a 10% chance at getting a Brendan Tanev for 3 years b4 he goes after big $ UFA…….. or we have some AHL fodder that may play a few NHL games.

I love following guys like Poolman as a late draft pick…… wondering if he is going to screw us over and go UFA after 4 years of college/ celebrating when he signs with us/ cheering for them to break through to the NHL. Congratulations to him when Vancouver over pays him in UFA for him a 7th D-Man at 4 years 2.5 million = 10 million!!!!!

Congrats again to Poolman for Career earnings of Projected 12.5 million career earnings for a pedestrian 167 + games in the NHL for a kid from our back yard in Grand Forks.I hope he invested that $ well and bought a good retirement home on the Golf course in Grand Forks.

Bottom line …. I hope this Parker Ford signing has an interesting story line in a few years. But I never heard of him. I also never heard of Brendan Tanev b4 we signed him. I was aware of his brother who played on the original Moose for the Canuck’s.

The college ranks are a great source of talent for the NHL but usually the future stars are identified early and not signed as UFAs after 4 years.

Kudos to the Tyler Bozaks of this world who defy the odds.

Edit…….. I wonder if our New scout Sydney Daniel’s ( ex female woman’s hockey player from Harvard) who the Jets Hired to help look for talent in the NCAA ranks scouted this player for the organization.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad