Parenteau or Briere Now

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I HATEEE Briere, hated the signing so much, I was so happy when the trade happened this summer.

I would trade Briere for PAP last summer 100%

But with PAP not really heathly, I'd trade PAP for Briere now and make Briere the 13th forward.

Only reason for that is because of Briere expiring contract, gives you an extra 4M to spend this summer.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Thing is, PAP is no star with us but he had 2 years of term left. Try getting that as UFA, most players demand 4-5 years at inflated prices. There are exceptions but no garuantee they come here for the same price the signed for with other teams, let alone at all.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Briere and it's not even close.

We're a better team this year with PAP out of the lineup and with more youth, speed and energy.
As for next year, I'd MUCH rather have 4 million in cap space than PAP's contract.

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Briere is washed up. When we signed him last year he already had nothing left to offer in terms of ES play. It was a horrible signing and MB realized this.

I hated the Briere signing as well. I didn't like the PAP trade because of the extra year.

I hope that if PaP continues to be underwhelming, MB will stop signing players from Quebec for the sake of having x Quebec players on the team. Both Briere a and PaP are on the decline and end of their careers. We don't need those type of players at the price he is paying them.

If he gave them Douglas Murray type money, I wouldn't mind.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
The appropriate answer would be neither. Isn't this further proof that the habs are purposely handicapping themsevles by chasing these subpar french canadien players and are more interested in marketing and appeasing the french media rather than winning the Stanley Cup?? The same reason why the Canadiens is the only place where Therrien could get a job and why we continue to play a player that is 5'6 as our teams franchise center.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Would I make the same trade over again? yeah, probably, MT wasn't using Briere as a centre (unless on the 4th line) and he was a much better centre than winger. If he was a better winger I would have kept Briere.

But if the question is would I trade PAP for Briere right now then yes, I would. Playoffs are around the corner and Briere has shown, the only way you can keep him from contributing when it matters is to leave him out of the lineup. He had some very timely goals and assists last year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd take Briere back in a second. He can play center or wing, usually plays good in playoffs and can walk away from his contract in summer. PAP we are stuck with for another season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad