Rumor: Panthers working on a trade to move Reimer

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's not a bomb at all lol we all know Reimer is gone and we all know they're gonna try and trade him

Look, a dedicated Panthers fan already put up a highlight reel of his time in Florida:

Yea but that was all assumptions by everyone. Now we got confirmation. Buyout is officially off the table.

giphy.gif

Reactions: harv33173

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
There's a bunch of teams looking for a goalie.

Avs
Sens (not sure how serious they're still about trading Anderson, otherwise no need)
CBJ
Flyers
Canes (I can't see it with Darling's contract on the books though)
Isles (if Lehner doesn't re-sign)
Flames

Retain 900k to bring his caphit down to 2.5M.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
2 4th rounders and Reimer for any pick
4th and a 3rd next year and Reimer for any pick.

We have three 4th rounders this year and two 3rd rounders next year. I have no problem giving up most of them to get rid of Reimer, with no retention.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
I get the impression it’s going to cost something of cognizable value to get rid of Reimer and idk if a 2nd round pick isn’t enough. We probably will have to part with a prospect we’d rather not.

However, if you could convince some cheap as f*** owner (Melynk cough cough) to take Reimer and his cap hit, but panthers actually pay Reimer’s salary, you may be able to get away with a 2nd+.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
However, if you could convince some cheap as **** owner (Melynk cough cough) to take Reimer and his cap hit, but panthers actually pay Reimer’s salary, you may be able to get away with a 2nd+.
You can do that?? Retaining I know, but you can trade cap while paying a different amount of salary?

Reactions: Tequila Sunrise

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I believe you can but not sure the specifics on it.
CBA only allows caphit retention by %. The amount of actual money paid by the teams is counted from that percentage split, regardless of whether the player is getting paid less or more than the contract's original caphit.

There is no loophole to work around it.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hope he's gone before the draft. Incase we get a pic back that we can use to package with another pic to move up and grab someone we really want in the draft (having multiple picks already). Don't we make every one of those selection as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad