GDT: Panthers @ Wings | 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The Cats seem to always have our number. Won six out of the last seven at JLA. I really want that to stop tonight. Can't stand taking days off against 'em anymore.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Well, when we got badly beat the first two games it was "lottery here we come"

Then we won a load of games and it was "holy crap, we might still be a playoff team"

Then, we lost a load of games, and it was "yep, I knew we were a lottery team after all"

Then we picked up a few points and it was "damn,we might get back in the playoff hunt."

So given that it's
A) The Pathers
B) With a new coach
C) With us on a little point streak and back within touching distance of 8th

There's absolutely no way we win this.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Birthday-trick for Tatar? Nah, held pointless.

Really hope to see Pete continue on his recent strong play.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Next couple games should show us what kind of team we have...Pens goaltending has been bad

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Well, when we got badly beat the first two games it was "lottery here we come"

Then we won a load of games and it was "holy crap, we might still be a playoff team"

Then, we lost a load of games, and it was "yep, I knew we were a lottery team after all"

Then we picked up a few points and it was "damn,we might get back in the playoff hunt."

Plenty of us were saying we were getting lucky during that 6 game streak and we'd still be a bubble team regardless.

NooDLE

Oct 21, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Our record vs the Panthers since moving back to the eastern conference is 5-6-4. I honestly thought it would be way worse.

Never know what to expect with this team, so probably a win tonight.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Our record vs the Panthers since moving back to the eastern conference is 5-6-4. I honestly thought it would be way worse.

Never know what to expect with this team, so probably a win tonight.

Lost twice as many as we've won... seems about right.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Do I risk hours of my valuable sleep for a slim chance to witness a historical night of beating a team that we're having trouble with to beat.
Or do I not & "risk" to (eventually) regret it tmrw morning?

Be that as it may, LGRW.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Do I risk hours of my valuable sleep for a slim chance to witness a historical night of beating a team that we're having trouble with to beat.
Or do I not & "risk" to (eventually) regret it tmrw morning?

Be that as it may, LGRW.

Tune in to watch larkin and mantha - its the only reason I watch

an athanasiou but hes injured :(

edit: and sproul

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Another solid game here and I'll almost start believing the team has turned some kind of corner. But it's Florida so we'll likely be outshot 2:1 and have to watch Trocheck score a hat-trick.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Another solid game here and I'll almost start believing the team has turned some kind of corner. But it's Florida so we'll likely be outshot 2:1 and have to watch Trocheck score a hat-trick.

in the past wings have pushed back with big games. I say 5-2 Wings.

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
My mathematical model indicates 47.75% chance Detroit wins, with the likeliest outcome being Detroit prevailing 4-2, which occurred in 2.5% of the 1003 simulations ran (randomly selected a 7-2 victory for Detroit out of the results pool). It also predicted us to finish a point ahead of Florida in the final standings--small comfort though, considering it was 81 to 80, and only Vancouver finished with fewer possible wins (total times the simulation generated a possible victory for a team).

Of course my model is laughably simplistic and based on four very subjectively decided measures (offense, defense, goaltending, coaching) and weighted mostly on the basis that the generated results "feel" right, so I probably won't be getting rich betting on the basis of my predictive algorithm... but I'll take my small optimistic moments where I can get 'em.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Don't fret they have Kindl in. He's good for a few good turnovers and dumb plays. Not sure why he's in for them. Injuries? Thing is Smith isn't playing for us so that helps. I hope Jurco continues to improve.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Don't fret they have Kindl in. He's good for a few good turnovers and dumb plays. Not sure why he's in for them. Injuries? Thing is Smith isn't playing for us so that helps. I hope Jurco continues to improve.

He's in because he's obviously a great defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad