Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs. Red Wings 1/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We've beaten the Red Wings twice before away and with the amount of likely Detroit fans there, it might feel like an away game for the Panthers. This won't be easy to win at all btw as the Wings are 8-2 in their last 10 games.

I don't personally understand we constantly don't do well against the Jackets, but this is a game they have to win as Columbus has poor goaltending. If the Panthers can't win for a third straight time this season, IMO they don't deserve playoffs.

I would the Panthers would want revenge on the Devils for blowing them out in the Home Opener. I think this could go either way, but again is game they should not be losing.

These 3-game winning streaks are not going to cut it in the toughest month of the season. We need to go on a 6 or 7 game tear as the teams above us have. The power play needs to be completely rejuvenated or I don't have very high hopes in mid-April.

I think the problem with the Jackets is that they are a physical team like the Jets. IIRC last game against the Jackets we lost a lot of board battles.

We should rebound versus the Devils. That opener was ridiculous. Before that game, seemed like we've always played them in tight games.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
What's his career average in games played per season?

I agree with your points about the defense and stuff but I'm just trying to point out his offensive output right now is what you should probably expect, considering he averaged those points in Chicago, who scores a ton, and is now in Florida who doesn't.

Coming into this season Bolland had 180 points in 355 games which is 0.507 ppg.

If I'm being generous and assuming he wouldn't have gotten hurt in the lockout season (I'm averaging it out to 82 games) from when he became a regular in the '08-'09 season through 2014 he played in 57 games per year.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm fine with Barkov finishing with a low point total as long as he wins draws and keeps the other teams' top line from scoring. I don't care how, we must win. But I suspect we will need more goals so Barkov's name will always come up in the "what have you done for me lately" category if we aren't scoring. When you see a guy make such high level plays and beat goalies with one-hand, you kind of expect/want/hope to see a little more production. Personally, like I said, as long as he does his job to a high degree of excellence, then I'm ok with his low point total.

He's been picking it up lately offensively. Weird rant.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
ive actually liked bolland since his comeback. i don't understand why he isnt scoring more goals, but hopefully that'll start coming along in the 2nd half. i expect him to be a 13-17 goal guy as a 3rd line center here, thats in an 82 games season, not what he's currently putting up but what i expect from him moving forward in future seasons. but you need guys like that for the playoffs. he might not be overly effective in the regular season but in the playoffs you want that veteran center who has playoff and stanley cup experience, plays a gritty aggressive game, good d, pk, especially with how young bjugstad and barkov is its important for us to have a center like bolland. yea he's overpaid by 2mil but until we become a cap team then its not a big deal. its not my money. but its important to have a guy like him, even if it doesn't seem so as much in the regular season, and I'm sure thats why tallon wanted him so much. look at nash in the regular season vs playoffs, look at gudbranson in his rookie year in the regular season vs the playoffs. the playoffs is a different game.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
He always gets pointed out. Either you are oblivious or have really short memory.

No. I mean all the ripping Barkov, Huberdeau get for not producing during the season. Bolland get's a free pass compared to them.

Don't really like how your always "against" me because I point of bad things about this team. Just saying had you been threw all the **** we old timers have on this board you'd understand :nod:

Haven you really only been here since 2014 or have you changed names and that resets the joining time? Did you post on floridapanthers.com boards before?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
No. I mean all the ripping Barkov, Huberdeau get for not producing during the season. Bolland get's a free pass compared to them.

Don't really like how your always "against" me because I point of bad things about this team. Just saying had you been threw all the **** we old timers have on this board you'd understand :nod:

Haven you really only been here since 2014 or have you changed names and that resets the joining time? Did you post on floridapanthers.com boards before?

Bolland is consistently ripped on these boards. Again, he wasn't signed to provide offense, so calling him out for his production when it's basically his career average doesn't make much sense.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
ive actually liked bolland since his comeback. i don't understand why he isnt scoring more goals, but hopefully that'll start coming along in the 2nd half. i expect him to be a 13-17 goal guy as a 3rd line center here, thats in an 82 games season, not what he's currently putting up but what i expect from him moving forward in future seasons. but you need guys like that for the playoffs. he might not be overly effective in the regular season but in the playoffs you want that veteran center who has playoff and stanley cup experience, plays a gritty aggressive game, good d, pk, especially with how young bjugstad and barkov is its important for us to have a center like bolland. yea he's overpaid by 2mil but until we become a cap team then its not a big deal. its not my money. but its important to have a guy like him, even if it doesn't seem so as much in the regular season, and I'm sure thats why tallon wanted him so much. look at nash in the regular season vs playoffs, look at gudbranson in his rookie year in the regular season vs the playoffs. the playoffs is a different game.

We sure have some playoffs guys on this team. Now just gotta make the playoffs

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Dave Bolland was signed as a golf partner for Tallon in the off season. ;)

Negative scrutiny usually affects the confidence of most players who are overcompensated. Eventually he will settle in and play his game, but until then we are stuck with the Ville Leino curse.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I think the problem with the Jackets is that they are a physical team like the Jets. IIRC last game against the Jackets we lost a lot of board battles.

That is a good point. It was very noticeable in the last game in Columbus that they were completely outplaying us in the physical department. We need Thornton back into the lineup for that reason. Gudbrandson will step up the challenge, but overall I think we're a fairly soft team.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
Bjugstad: 27 pts, 15 goals(111th)
Huberdeau: 25 pts(136th)
Ekblad: 25 pts(136th)
Jokinen: 24 pts(151st)
Hayes: 20 pts, 13 goals(197th)

Everyone else needs to step it up and the players above need more ice time. One guy I'm looking at is Barkov(348th). Even though he's only 19, the organization put him in the driver seat. Now he's gotta come though. Playoffs on the line.

I parenthesized the NHL rankings to highlight the primary problem with this team. On average, every team in the NHL has at least 3 players on their team that has more points than our top scorer. Sure, we need secondary scoring, sure you can almost not have Ekblad in this group for how outstanding he's been as a rookie. Unless we see much, much more from these guys mainly, as well as the others, we won't come anywhere close to where we all want them to be. The postseason. This is actually pretty pathetic. How is this team even in the conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad