Pre-Game Talk: Panthers vs. Red Wings 1/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
Now that the all-star weekend is finally over, who is ready for some cats hockey again?!! :yo:

We've lost our last 4, we are 7 points from a wildcard spot and 11 points from a division spot. We need to start racking up points again, next month will be our toughest month so would be nice to get our **** together again before next month.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Loss vs Detroit, win against CBJ and NJ

4 out of 6 points

That said, 3 straight backups: mrazek, mcelhinney, Kinkaid

If they can't beat Curtis McElhinney they will never beat Columbus again.

Last edited:

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Well, vacation time is over and it's time to get back to work. Let's hope they get back to the basics and start playing defense like they did the first third of the season.

February is a tough month and if the powerplay doesn't improve they are going to struggle to stay away from a lottery pick.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Loss vs Detroit, win against CBJ and NJ

4 out of 6 points

That said, 3 straight backups: mrazek, mcelhinney, Kinkaid

If they can't beat Curtis McElhinney they will never beat Columbus again.
Mrazek seems to be the kind of goalie that doesn't have normal games. He's either flat-out unbeatable or lets in so many softies that it's not even funny. There's no medium.

Killerinstinct

Dec 19, 2012
Time to get back on track.. Break came just about right time, everyone forgotten that 8-2 loss against Winnipeg now.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I absolutely DO NOT want to hear any "Well you know they haven't played.." Stop right there and look at the wall in the locker room and then say that if you like. The number one thing to make sure we do, above all else is to begin a trend of strong starts.

Last edited:

Wilbur*

Looking forward to see how Barkov match up against Datsyuk/Zetterberg.

Erased

Jun 18, 2014
Need to get this team back into pre-Christmas mode if we want to stay in the race.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Bjugstad: 27 pts, 15 goals
Huberdeau: 25 pts
Ekblad: 25 pts
Jokinen: 24 pts
Hayes: 20 pts, 13 goals

Everyone else needs to step it up and the players above need more ice time. One guy I'm looking at is Barkov. Even though he's only 19, the organization put him in the driver seat. Now he's gotta come though. Playoffs on the line.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Everyone else needs to step it up and the players above need more ice time. One guy I'm looking at is Barkov. Even though he's only 19, the organization put him in the driver seat. Now he's gotta come though. Playoffs on the line.
Last 17 games, Barkov and Bjugstad are tied for the same amount of points at 8. So..

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Mrazek seems to be the kind of goalie that doesn't have normal games. He's either flat-out unbeatable or lets in so many softies that it's not even funny. There's no medium.

I have no expectations vs Detroit, I just really, really want to beat Columbus. It's been like 8 years and probably the worst goalie in the league is in net.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Last 17 games, Barkov and Bjugstad are tied for the same amount of points at 8. So..

I'm fine with Barkov finishing with a low point total as long as he wins draws and keeps the other teams' top line from scoring. I don't care how, we must win. But I suspect we will need more goals so Barkov's name will always come up in the "what have you done for me lately" category if we aren't scoring. When you see a guy make such high level plays and beat goalies with one-hand, you kind of expect/want/hope to see a little more production. Personally, like I said, as long as he does his job to a high degree of excellence, then I'm ok with his low point total.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

It's funny how 5.5M$ man never gets pointed out for sucking balls

Erased

Jun 18, 2014

You mean the guy who constantly gets called out for not living up to the contract there was no reason to believe he would live up to anyways?

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

It's funny how you think that Bolland signing a big money contract was going to turn him into a ppg player. He is who he's always been. Nothing more, nothing less. Big contracts don't magically make players better.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'll just drop this here.

tumblr_mppi3hbyUh1syk8yso1_400.gif

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
We've beaten the Red Wings twice before away and with the amount of likely Detroit fans there, it might feel like an away game for the Panthers. This won't be easy to win at all btw as the Wings are 8-2 in their last 10 games.

I don't personally understand we constantly don't do well against the Jackets, but this is a game they have to win as Columbus has poor goaltending. If the Panthers can't win for a third straight time this season, IMO they don't deserve playoffs.

I would the Panthers would want revenge on the Devils for blowing them out in the Home Opener. I think this could go either way, but again is game they should not be losing.

These 3-game winning streaks are not going to cut it in the toughest month of the season. We need to go on a 6 or 7 game tear as the teams above us have. The power play needs to be completely rejuvenated or I don't have very high hopes in mid-April.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Bolland's numbers aren't that far off his career totals, if people are expecting more I have some bad news.

It's funny how you think that Bolland signing a big money contract was going to turn him into a ppg player. He is who he's always been. Nothing more, nothing less. Big contracts don't magically make players better.

He's on pace for 3 goals and 20ish points.

I never or anyone here expected a ppg player. I expected 15-20 goals at least around 35-45 points and solid defensive play along with good faceoffs

If 3-5 goals a year is his normal career season then we really gotta wonder what Tallon is doing. Don't see why Bolland get's a free pass from so many. It's not like he's even that great defensively or on the faceoffs (47%)

Even if Bolland made 3.5M$ dollars I'd expect that from him. Because right now he's not even worth a 2.5M$ player or should I say 1M$ player

MacKenzie has 3 goals, our best pker forward, our best faceoff man and makes 1M$

If you're happy with his production more power to you

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
As for the game.. It will be interesting to see which Panthers we see. I just for the love of god don't hope they'll blame the break if they lose

Here's hoping they come out flying and play that same hockey that made us successful earlier in the season

tumblr_ninu6uxuVv1rn5vzno1_500.gif

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He's on pace for 3 goals and 20ish points.

I never or anyone here expected a ppg player. I expected 15-20 goals at least around 35-45 points and solid defensive play along with good faceoffs

He is on pace for 33 points over an 82 game season. His career average is 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad