Seravalli: Panthers to place Ekblad on LTIR, possibly use space to recoup picks?

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Trade for Severson . Devils retain (he is signed for next year as well)
#2 mil for two playoff runs .
All we ask for in return is Knight …..
I’m guessing no way the Panthers include Knight in any deal unless it is a crazy massive overpay.

Knight isn't going anywhere once Levi was traded.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Trade for Severson . Devils retain (he is signed for next year as well)
#2 mil for two playoff runs .
All we ask for in return is Knight …..
I’m guessing no way the Panthers include Knight in any deal unless it is a crazy massive overpay.
We wouldn't move Knight for Chychrun even though Chychrun is a hometown boy.

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Patiently waiting for a 1st round exit, Panthers are still yoffs busts.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
would florida want to help teams in the east though? it makes some sense if it is helping someone out west

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
would florida want to help teams in the east though? it makes some sense if it is helping someone out west
I think it's good news for Calgary and Edmonton to be honest: pick up Smith and gain a mid-round pick, maybe retain on Acciari to Calgary for a 2nd or something?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
it's sad this has to be pointed out these days but, cheating is wrong. And please spare me the "It's a loophole! It's "there" fault for allowing me to cheat!". Cheating is wrong.
It’s not cheating if it’s not against the rules. Tampa a few years ago pushed to fix this cause Chicago did it and no other team wanted to.

The team owners are absolutely fine with this because it literally requires a team to have one of their best players injured for a while to have that cap space.

Florida is lucky that they have such a solid record as they just lost their #1 defender.

Again, it’s not cheating if it’s not against the rules.

Reactions: Chips and MakoSlade

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
It’s not cheating if it’s not against the rules. Tampa a few years ago pushed to fix this cause Chicago did it and no other team wanted to.

The team owners are absolutely fine with this because it literally requires a team to have one of their best players injured for a while to have that cap space.

Florida is lucky that they have such a solid record as they just lost their #1 defender.

The other thing that needs to be included: Florida already paid high premia, including on Giroux, for retention. The Giroux trade came after the initial injury.

I don't think Florida will make up the retention premia on Giroux, which makes this move seem less manipulative

Chips

Aug 19, 2015

You’re delusional if you think he’s really injured. I’ll admit it looked convincing at the time, but there’s just no way a player could be injured with perfectly “convenient” timing to the playoffs, clearly it’s a scheme to fake or exaggerate an injury to cheat. I bet the league is in on it.

/s

Reactions: MaWa

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Jeff Petry please come down.
There might be a fit and I suspect he could be had for a relatively modest price. He has a style of play that fits in well with the Panthers. With Ekblad coming back in time for the playoffs and Giroux now on the team, Florida would be the team to beat.

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
There might be a fit and I suspect he could be had for a relatively modest price. He has a style of play that fits in well with the Panthers. With Ekblad coming back in time for the playoffs and Giroux now on the team, Florida would be the team to beat.
FLA isn't looking to add a guy like Petry with that much term and $$ left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad