Post-Game Talk: Panthers survive poor 3rd, earn Gritty 2-1 win over Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
At this point in the season, it doesn't matter how other teams play.

All we have to do is to win our games and things will fall into place for us.

I always find it funny when so early in the season, people start looking at what other teams do. Again, it doesn't matter

Not all teams the teams can be hot or cold at the same time. In the end, things even out if we continue to win. Let's say Montreal and Buffalo lose their next 10 games...well...at the same time you will see teams behind us getting hot
I’m not looking into what they’re doing necessarily. I’m focusing on us, just pointing out that buffalo and Montreal by all accounts should not be playoff teams. That’s all.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Probably something similar to what Pysyk signed. Weegar and Kis occupies the bottom pair, MacDonald is promoted to the show to be paired with Yandle. Cost effective and the Calculator likes this combo. Cya Pysyk and Petro. Pysyk traded for some 3rd/4th line fodder.

(Some of) those guys basically have to step up in order to keep this team competitive.

I don't think neither Lu or Reimer are going to be traded or LTIRetired. Lu wants to see his contract through with this team because his numbers are still very good and the team around him is competitive. Monty has to get comfortable playing for Springfield because he's going to be there for the next three years.

That sounds about right on kis, I just hope he wants to stay here instead of go somewhere else to get his payday since he's already an older guy. It's hard to find good reliable bottom pairing guys so I really hope we keep him.

Yeah we need at least one of borg, tip, deni, hepo to step up long term. I just can't see us keeping hoff/dads and maintaining a good salary structure. I don't really mind since it means they are playing well, but will need to be addressed long term.

I'm hoping we trade reimer in the year before his free agency for someone looking to take on an expiring contract or maybe to expose to seattle. Then monty can come play with lu for a couple half seasons

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
At this point in the season, it doesn't matter how other teams play.

All we have to do is to win our games and things will fall into place for us.

I always find it funny when so early in the season, people start looking at what other teams do. Again, it doesn't matter

Not all teams the teams can be hot or cold at the same time. In the end, things even out if we continue to win. Let's say Montreal and Buffalo lose their next 10 games...well...at the same time you will see teams behind us getting hot
I don't agree. Toronto, Tampa and Boston are strong and expect them to get 100+ points. Washington, Columbus, Pittsburgh are strong in the Metropolitan.

There is certain teams they need to beat for the playoffs, Philadelphia is one of them. It's better to drop points to the West teams.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yeah we need at least one of borg, tip, deni, hepo to step up long term. I just can't see us keeping hoff/dads and maintaining a good salary structure. I don't really mind since it means they are playing well, but will need to be addressed long term.

Bjugs is almost guaranteed to be a Seattle Emerald at this point unless Dale doesn't something spectacularly stupid this time around as well. That means that about $31mil will be spent on Barkov, Hubs, Hoff, Dads and Troch, and $18.75mil is spent on Ek, Yandle and MM. So that'll leave about $30mil for everyone else in total. That means a lot of short term RFA deals, and eventually someone very beloved (i.e. the Muffin Man) will be traded for e.g. futures.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Do we even know for sure this report is even accurate regarding Nylander?

Regardless, how can we make it work cap wise? According to capfriendly, we only have $2.2 million of space available. Even with Matheson's hit gone, thats assuming we can sign Nylander for approx $7mil a year, which is probably less than what he wants.

Part of me kinda wants to see where this team is come the trade deadline before making any major moves like this.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I don't agree. Toronto, Tampa and Boston are strong and expect them to get 100+ points. Washington, Columbus, Pittsburgh are strong in the Metropolitan.

There is certain teams they need to beat for the playoffs, Philadelphia is one of them. It's better to drop points to the West teams.

100% correct

But that was not my point

When we play these teams, of course we need to beat them. But what I was saying is that it doesn't matter if these teams win 10 in a row or lose 10. As long as we take care of our own business and that means to win these games against teams like Montréal, Buffalo, Philly, etc., just like you said

:)

Last edited:

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

Regardless, how can we make it work cap wise? According to capfriendly, we only have $2.2 million of space available. Even with Matheson's hit gone, thats assuming we can sign Nylander for approx $7mil a year, which is probably less than what he wants.

Part of me kinda wants to see where this team is come the trade deadline before making any major moves like this.
They also want a top9 guy, so a guy like Vatrano, McCann or Malgin would be included. So it would bring to space closer to 8M.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’d save that money towards a panarin as we already have to worry about resigning dads and hoff. If there’s money left over (by trading huberdeau) id chase panarin, so I’d hold off. Plus we can’t afford to lose D right now.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
Michael Nylander was a pain in the arz to deal with too when he played. He's running the show and not Willie. He's not in the same category as Lavar Ball (who has absolutely screwed his youngest son's chance of playing major NCAA ball with his shoe deal), but he is another greedy, controlling father who has no loyalty other than to the greenback or the loonie and how much he can put in his own pocket as a management fee. The guy should be ashamed of himself for putting a few extra bucks ahead of team loyalty. If he continues to listen to his father he'll end up another Bruce Jenner and do anything for money to promote himself. :)

Caitlyn Nylander?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Man winning sure quiets these boards in a hurry..be no one left if they win a couple more.. need to lose one here so the real knowledgeable hardcore fans come back and liven this place up

There is not much to talk about current, the most things turned out the right. That lets open only 2 open Questions, Back Up Goalie and future of Loungo Situation and why does this Coaching Team needed 10 Games and the whole Preseason to find out who can play along.

If you really search about, then you find around 100 Post, Hoffmann to the 1st Line, Split ekblad and Yandle that had an own Thread. And those on the Bench get payed for that, to do that kind of research and self finding by them own. At the best before someone has to mention or Offseason research and work. When a Fan and Amateurs can figure this out, why cant the Coaching Stuff get it together.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Man winning sure quiets these boards in a hurry..be no one left if they win a couple more.. need to lose one here so the real knowledgeable hardcore fans come back and liven this place up

I still think we are not anywhere close to the way we were playing last spring. Thats good news. There's lot of room for improvement and we already finding ways to win.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I still think we are not anywhere close to the way we were playing last spring. Thats good news. There's lot of room for improvement and we already finding ways to win.
The adjustment they made to the 2nd period is fine. Now we gotta fix the lackadaisical 1st period and come out and not sit back in the 3rd. But keeping the opposition to two goals or less is the key (as evident by our winning streak).

-ghoste

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
The adjustment they made to the 2nd period is fine. Now we gotta fix the lackadaisical 1st period and come out and not sit back in the 3rd. But keeping the opposition to two goals or less is the key (as evident by our winning streak).

-ghoste
So just dominate every period like we’re playinh against juniors.. got it

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
That sounds about right on kis, I just hope he wants to stay here instead of go somewhere else to get his payday since he's already an older guy. It's hard to find good reliable bottom pairing guys so I really hope we keep him.

I'm hoping we trade reimer in the year before his free agency for someone looking to take on an expiring contract or maybe to expose to seattle. Then monty can come play with lu for a couple half seasons

We are going to expose Luo to Seattle, just like we exposed Luo to Vegas.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

Unless he be willing to take less since 43(2 tampa) games will be in Florida, making the tax lower for over half the games compared to playing in Toronto.

Tax Calculator | Gavin Group

At 6million, he saves almost a million dollars in just taxes playing down here.
Not for sure how accurate the calculator is based off scheduling and locations*
8 mil in Toronto is worth 6.7mil here. Crazy

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Unless he be willing to take less since 43(2 tampa) games will be in Florida, making the tax lower for over half the games compared to playing in Toronto.

Tax Calculator | Gavin Group

At 6million, he saves almost a million dollars in just taxes playing down here.
Not for sure how accurate the calculator is based off scheduling and locations*
8 mil in Toronto is worth 6.7mil here. Crazy
Now I understand why the Florida teams are mixed in with the Leafs and Habs, a little bit of a tax break haha

Reactions: ShootIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad