Confirmed with Link: Panthers sign Rau to ELC

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
#27 approves the signing of his fellow Gopher and friend.

dqX2Rh7.jpg

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Bueno. How does this work tho. He will sign officially after the AHL season? He will report to SA as an ATO.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
All I want from Rau is to turn pro, develop well, have success and grow as a player. When the time is right we'll go from there. He'll get the same look just like everyone else next camp. But, we really need to cut the fat on our roster over the summer. Some of those Fleischmann, Bergenheim, Upshall, Kopecky types depth guys may have cost us a playoff spot. Make the moves in the summer, not at the trade deadline. Re-signing Jagr is pretty key and cutting the fat is next. Imo, I think Boyes is now considered part of the "fat".

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Nice to hear. I like the kid's game. Hopefully he'll improve it in the AHL and we can see him eventually up with the Panthers. Like most kids transitioning from college to pro, it takes baby steps. Not every player is like a Nick Bjugstad.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
My favorite Gopher of all time. I'll be pulling so hard for Kyle to make it to the NHL. Kid's a warrior.

The Panthers are quickly becoming my eastern conference team to root for. With Bjugstad, and now Rau!

collegehockeyguy

May 15, 2011
Great news!

How he with PK duties?

Very good. Rau does everything well. He brings tenacity and could play a PK/4th line role in the nhl today in my opinion

What is the depth like in the panthers organization? Who would currently be ahead of him in the ahl affiliate that would get called up before him? Just curious what the chances of him seeing time in the nhl this year/next year are

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
So have him practice with the Rampage but I wouldn't even mess with that lineup right now. They are on fire.

But so awesome he can be around that special group nonetheless.

-ghoste

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Very good. Rau does everything well. He brings tenacity and could play a PK/4th line role in the nhl today in my opinion

What is the depth like in the panthers organization? Who would currently be ahead of him in the ahl affiliate that would get called up before him? Just curious what the chances of him seeing time in the nhl this year/next year are
LW depth? Currently it's:

Huberdeau
Pirri
Jokinen
Upshall/Kopecky

Upshall and Kopecky will more than likely walk to UFA, Howden who was NHL ready (only reason why he got sent back down was the amount of 1-way contracts) is expected to make the jump for next year.

On the RW department, Thornton and Boyes are UFAs after next season, but Grimaldi is expected to replace Boyes. So I guess Rau could potentially see bottom6 duty in 2016-17, maybe even sooner if Hayes doesn't start contributing more regularly and wants too much $$.

Also Jokinen has a history of getting traded, so I wouldn't count on him staying here through the length of his contract (3 years left after this season).

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Big fan of his.. Bigtime leader.. Scrappy player.. Will find ways to contribute

He's a good lead by example type, but he struggled with leading vocally when he got the "C" this year. I don't think that's really his style but I suppose it won't have to be in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00